001.

⁣⁣

⁣⁣

— CHAPTER 𝑶𝑵𝑬.

❝ A name is a very powerful thing

❝ A name is a very powerful thing. Make sure you don't just give yours to anyone. ❞

⁣⁣

⁣⁣
⁣Locked up in the mind of nothing, pure void filled with emptiness. The bare necessities of a human being were harder to achieve —  as if seeming unworthy of such a blessing. Nonetheless, of course, he must continue living. For some call it a blessing to breathe the air of the living, for its pure luck for anyone to wake up everyday and start over. Mikael didn't quite think of it as a gift — but rather a nightmare to the living. 

Being forced into a category —  being forced to follow rules that just didn't make any sense. Yes, he must agree, we should be thankful for living — but why should we be grateful for something that we don't enjoy doing? The male wondered. 

He, didn't question much. Its better that way. Nevertheless, the male inhaled the scent of the fresh waves hitting rocks next to  him — his mind finally at peace. Until . .  

"Are you lost?" The voice asked, catching Mikael's attention almost too quickly. 

"No," he answered, shaking his head.

"What's your name, mysterious stranger?" 

He looked up, "Shiro. Its very nice to meet you, and you are?" 

"Dazai. Dazai Osamu." The tall bandaged male replied, taking a seat next to the other. 

"And what brings you here today, on this fine evening?" Mikael asked, allowing the breeze to hit his face and mess up his front bangs.

"Oh, but the river looked absolutely stunning today — so I decided to take a swim, of course, to meet the end of my breathing days," he answered. "that, however, did not work because of my coworker."

"Suicide by drowning huh?" The other hummed, "I would suggest a suicide by poisoning but those methods are quite old."

Almost instantly, the brown haired male looked at the other. Chocolate eyes shining brighter than stars on a dark night — as if a child had gotten the candy they finally wanted. It was at that exact moment, that Mikael had realized the danger he was in. The male in front of him was far more dangerous than he has lead on, and his eyes portrayed everything but empathy. Emptiness. 

How humorous, the shorter male thought. 

They were in the same situation.