𖠌 Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

Jaehyun walks inside Jeno's now messy bedroom compared to before that was always clean. It was like by a blink of an eye, the room was destroyed by someone else who's actually not the owner.

He plops down onto the bed and placed the tray full of sweets for his beta to munch over, he gestures the space across from him to said beta who grumbled even more.

He's not that nervous, he's more likely worried and confused.

It isn't hard to let Doyoung be in the same room with him or accept things from him anyway, it was the same as what they usually do whenever they fought.

This is one just hits different.

"You can eat first and we can talk afterwards if you want." He smiled with his dimples showing off that made Doyoung's lips twitch before he stopped himself.

Without further a do, Doyoung immediately started munching on the cookies Jaehyun brought that Jeno baked with Jaemin's help and Mark's mental support.

He gulps down the glass of water and then gave a satisfied sigh before he started frowning again.

Jaehyun frowned and reaches to lift his husband's chin up to properly face him like the usual confident bitchy-ish beta he is.

"Why the long face, bun?" He cooed softly as he saw how Doyoung's lips wobble a bit.

The beta pursed his lips, "I- I just feel guilty and– useless." He whispered in a croaked voice rather than the usual stern and sassy tone of his.

"And why's that, bun?" Jaehyun continued to ask while he pushes the tray somewhere else on the bed so he can inch closer to his sad husband.

He almost smiles to himself proudly when Doyoung didn't push him away like he would often do, it's rare for him to let his alpha do this especially in public.

You can say, his way of shyness and embarrassment is shown physically and more... Aggressively.

Doyoung sighed as a single tear escaped his eye before it ran down towards his chin, hanging there until it finally drops.

"I- I can't get pregnant Jae," he whispered.

"I know..." Jaehyun said with the same tone level to not rile up his beta or worsen the situation. "But please tell me why you feel guilty about it? Share me what and how you feel all the time."

The beta sniffled and exhaled deeply, "majority of those reasons whenever we... Have sex is because it hurts. I'm not saying you're bad or anything, but it just hurts and I never knew why..."

"Until I got my first checkup, the doctor said it was because... I'm infertile." He continued.

Jaehyun reaches his hand to grasp Doyoung's trembling own and caressed his knuckles by his thumb softly.

"I didn't want to tell you because I knew how you– no, both of us wanted children so badly especially after three years of marriage." The beta mumbled as he corrected himself.

"So I kept us going with it and decided to deal with the outcomes, I bought a box of pregnancy tests every few months and hid them in Jeno's first aid kit so you wouldn't find out at home." He said.

He hiccups and looks up to finally meet Jaehyun's worried eyes as he said, "but everytime it comes out n-negative, it h-hurts even m-more that I couldn't fu-fullfill our dr-dream."

Jaehyun engulfed his husband in a tight hug and lets him cry his heart out against his chest, rubbing the beta's shoulders and kissing him lightly to help him calm down.

"Bun," he calls as Doyoung looks up once he settled down a bit with a sniffle. "With kids or not, I don't care. I love you so much, yeah?" He said.

With a small nod, he proceeds to reassure his husband it was okay. "I married you and kept loving you because I'm in love with you, I didn't do all these shit for years with you so I can get a child."

"I didn't marry you for just children, you're not a baby maker. You're my husband, okay? So don't feel guilty about it because you didn't do anything wrong." He stated.

Doyoung hiccups as he asked, "b-but yo-you said–"

"That was only a dream and possiblity, I never wanted to pressure you to the point I would hurt you unintentionally. You know I hate that and I would never hurt you if I knew, right?"

Doyoung nodded a bit and lets his husband kiss him on the lips as they both smiled a little. "I love you okay? Don't be pressured on what I want, because what I want is just for you to be happy."

Suddenly, Doyoung smacked his chest making him yelp. "You're such a dickhead, making me cry and all, and then making me soft. I hate you."

"We can still adopt kids if you really want." Jaehyun suggested with a shrug. It was as clear as daylight that they both really want kids of their own.

"Oh I love you."