Stop following me

(THIS IS AN EDITED CHAPTER THAT WAS WRITTEN AND INITIALLY RELEASED IN 2021 AND THEN ARCHIEVED FOR EDITING)

Possible Triggers: hints and mentions of suicide

Anastasia POV:

"I'm going with you," I stand there in him arms not moving, he keeps running his hands down my hair, I take a deep breath and bite onto my lip. I search every area of my brain, I can't do what I want to with him there.

"Look you don't have to," I start and pull away from him slowly, "This is kind of one those you need to do on your own," I try to sound as upbeat as possible with hopes he'll let me go, it's a stretch but a possibility.

When we're far away enough from each other I examine every line of his face,  this may be the last time I see him, I want to do nothing less then kiss him and run but he's faster than me, 

"Anastasia," he starts slowly, "what are you going to do?" he asks me keeping his voice quiet, technically we're outside of the school and not on the training ground, and it's dark, so another point to us for breaking so many rules, woo!

"I found a lot about my mother, her past and her family, and it was a lot Sky, a lot that no one can ever know, and maybe my mother was able to lie, to lie to everyone she knew, even her husband right up towards her last few weeks, but I can't," I say, I can't read his facial expression,

He shakes his head at me, has he figured me out? "Ana what about your parents, Mar, and the suit girls, Stella was crying when we brought you in last night I had to drag her out of her room where she demanded you laid, what about Dowling, and what about me?" His eyes show hurt, he lifts his eyebrows at me.

"It'll be better for all of them," I announce, pushing my black as night hair behind both my ears, why would my parents even take me if they knew the truth? I can't even think about it so I turn to walk away, I hear his footsteps behind me. He doesn't speak up again until we're near the barrier.

"You want to go out there, where there's so many of those dark ones alone? They'll rip you to shreds" he warns, his voice only an octave above a whisper. If I tell him they're all there because of me, that he almost lost another father because of me, maybe he'll let me go, maybe he'll hate me enough to not let me back out.

I weigh the goods and bads, but before I decide my voice is already out, "Those things are there because of me Sky," I say and he looks confused, but not as alarmed as I hoped, maybe it hasn't hit him, to be fair he didn't read all those journals.

"Me and Bloom broke up," he claims, he must thinking I'm lying or making something up, here goes nothing.

"Queen Iodide had a daughter," I say and he tries to argue me, but I put up a hand, 'let me finish' style.

"She gave her to Dowling right before she died, her daughter wasn't even one , Dowling raised her, taught her to lie to everyone she knew, because if anyone knew she'd be killed, then she grew up, fell in love and got pregnant, her powers of darkness went out of control and people found out about her, and she was killed moments after giving birth to her daughter, passing on the burden on," I say in my best story voice, "me" I finish with a distasteful, sour tone.

He stares in disbelief, he's been told his whole life that the 'evil Queen of darkness' never had an heir, and here I am, contradicting everything he's ever known.

"No," he struggles, followed by a series of "No, no, no, no," he shakes his head, "You're not a granddaughter of that monster," he continues.

"Don't you think I'm wishing the same thing? Go ask Dowling if you want, go read the journals, the last one is where it all goes down," I let sarcastic humor lead my voice.