Stay away from her

Start from the beginning

I let out a shiver when I gain back conscious, my stomach goes again and I realize I'm in my bed, under seven blankets, that's why I'm kind of warm. I look around my room until my eyes meet the journals and the letter on my desk.

A pain washes over me, a heartache, a hole, that's never going to be filled, then I let my eyes focus past it, two croissants and an apple with a little post-it note, I can tell it's Stella's handwriting, 

 'We're telling the teachers you're ill, here's some food so you don't starve x' it says, I stand up, and change my clothes, a put another pair of leggings and crop top, it's got the words 'be free' on it, it's cute but I cover it with a hoodie, I make a cup of tea and sit on the sofa eating my food, I realize I'm acting as nothing happened, my brain is trying to block me away from the trauma, I pull a few blanket close, I'm still cold and when I try to light my fire it's like a failed match. There's a spark but I'm too weak to make it grow.

I know I can't go on like this so when I finish my food I carry the journals into the sitting room, alongside the letter, and I take a deep breath before nesting into these heaps of information again, I make notes about everything I've learned about my life in the last few months and the stuff from the journals, my head starts to make the connections and I hate them.

My mother and I have darkness powers, just like my grandmother, who according to my mother was evil and cursed the power. In a short entry she mentioned monsters waking up and hurting people when the power got out of hand.

And what did Queen iodide have?: Darkness powers, she rose the dark ones from the ground, and set eternal darkness cursing the power, so whenever used dark ones would come out to play.

There were no dark ones for years Dowling explained, and now I know she means since my mother died, I was obviously on earth, so there was no one to let  loose the darkness and rise the dark ones from the ground.

The first time I let it slip was the announcement of the Christmas dinner, yes it was only a moment, but then a dark one appeared and hurt Silva, then I got less and less careful and more and more started appearing, they were the things calling me into the forest. 

Everything adds up, my grandmother was Queen Iodide and that's why my mama said people talked about her often and mostly around the celebration of light, the old Queen was known to have no heir but that must be another lie Dowling is passing around, that's why my mother had to lie to everyone, and eventually they found her, her darkness went out of control. 

The realization hits me like crashing into a wall, I had thought my mother was a young pregnant fairy who had accidently got herself pregnant and died in a war against some kingdom and not this.

I am the heir to the woman who killed innocent people, who wanted eternal darkness, she wanted people's pain and when she couldn't have it, and she was being rebelled against she cursed her entire bloodline to cause nothing but pain. Everyone is going to hate me. Stella is going to hate me. Her mother is most definitely going to hate me. The whole of Solaria is going to hate me.

I open my mouth to scream, my heart feels like it's going to bursts through the skin over my chest, nothing comes out of my mouth, there's nothing I could say, even screams can't come out, I can't even break into a sob. I sit there in shock, my whole body hurts, and I'm frozen except my chest rising up and down from the rapid breathing.

Within a second I am up and heading towards the suit doors, students look at me as I go past, I on the edge of tears, but I'm so scared if I let myself show or act on any emotion I'm going to go out of control like my mother, and there'll be more dark ones, more people will die, I can't - I can't, I should die, I should be killed, I have no child no one to pass this burden onto.