𝟷𝟾

"A PEACE OFFERING TO CHEER YOU UP," REBEKAH SAID BRINGING A GUITAR CASE ON THE TABLE WITH A SMILE. The blonde really hoped this might take the Winchester girl's anger off a bit. She had known the girl for a month and knew that she could be the best friend she always wanted (but never had thanks to Klaus draining all of them).

Isabelle looked up from the medical book she had found on the shelves and raised her eyebrows in Rebekah's direction, "You think giving me gifts is gonna ignore the fact that you kidnapped me?"

The Original sighed, "For the last time, it was Nik's idea, I wanted to be your friend, but that idiot tried to compel you and got paranoid when he discovered you couldn't be."

"I couldn't be compelled?" Izzy asked in confusion, "How?"

"You had vervain in your necklace."

"What the hell is vervain?"

Rebekah looked at the girl in surprise, but decided  to answer her questions anyway, "It's a herb which allows people to resist the compulsion, where did you get that necklace, anyway?"

"My brothers gave it to me," The brunette really feel like sharing the fact that the thing belonged to her mother, "Can I have it back, now?"

"Of course, but I'm gonna have to take out the vervain," The blonde answered.

"Whatever," Izzy scoffed, she didn't really care about the vervain, only the fact that the necklace was given to her by her brothers and that it was the only thing she had of her mom.

Rebekah nodded and left the room to only come back a few moments later with Mary Winchester's silver necklace which had M.S.C. carved behind it. Izzy often wondered what that meant, but it was probably something of her mother so she'd never know.

"Thank you," The brunette said taking it from the blonde, noticing that it had gotten lighter due to the lack of vervain, and wore it on her neck like she used to. Without it, she was feeling quite naked and now felt comfortable.

"So, do you wanna play?" Rebekah said pointing at the guitar case.

Isabelle sighed in annoyance, "Alright."

"Brilliant! I'll bring Hayley," Rebekah then ran off to get the pregnant Werewolf before Izzy could even say 'Why?'

"You play?" Hayley asked curiously as she and the Vampire came inside the room.

"Yeah, a little," Izzy said putting the medical book down and opening the case to reveal a brown guitar, one  that resembled the one Isabelle owned as a child, "Where'd you get this, anyway?"

"A shop in the Quarter," Rebekah said, "Sam mentioned that you owned this guitar when you were a kid, he even knew the bloody serial number, and I have a good memory so ta-da!"

This wasn't as good as the guitar Klaus gave her, but  it was damn more comfortable than that one, "Alright, what do you wanna hear?"

"Something good for the baby," Hayley suggested.

"Nothing too graphic got it," Isabelle thought for a moment what song to play, then she got. Starting from the C cord, Izzy played to the tune of the Beatles 'Blackbird'.

This was the first song she taught herself on the guitar when she was eight. It wasn't the easiest and took months for her to learn her and months more for her to perfect it. But no matter how hard it was, Sam and Dean were always there to support her whenever she would throw the guitar on her bed and give up believing she could never be a good musician. 

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night,
Take these broken wings and learn to fly.
"

Sam and Dean always somehow convinced her to not give up. And whenever she played it, they sang with her, no matter how horrible they were at it and it would automatically boost Izzy's confidence.

"All your life.
You were only waiting for this moment to arise.
"

Many times when the siblings and their father were back from the hunt, they were tired and drained out. Isabelle could see how much the hunt would affect her brothers, so as soon as John would leave for his usual routine of drinking and screwing up some random woman to forget what he saw, Izzy would take out her guitar and play that song.

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night,
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see.
All your life,
You were only waiting for this moment to be free.
"

No matter how tired Isabelle was, playing the song with Sam and Dean always helped her recover from even the worst of hunts.

"Blackbird fly, blackbird fly
Into the light of a dark black night.
"

Isabelle always wanted her mother and a better version of John, but at times the small family she had with Sam and Dean felt enough.

"Blackbird fly, blackbird fly
Into the light of a dark black night.
"

The brunette could see it by the looks on Rebekah and Hayley's faces that they were enjoying this, and that caused her to smile at them in return.

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
"

"That was amazing!" Hayley exclaimed, "You know, if you stick around by the time my baby would be born, you will sing to her-"

Before the Werewolf could finish, she suddenly yelped in pain and instinctively grabbed her neck. 

"Hayley!" Isabelle dropped her guitar and looked at the Werewolf in concern with Rebekah, who was crouching next to her.

When Hayley pulled her hand away, she revealed blood on her fingers from a small puncture wound that is already starting to heal.

"What the hell was that?" Rebekah asked.

"Hell if I know. It felt like I was being stabbed."

The girls were starting to realize something probably not good was going to happen.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

This is going great, besides the fact that Hayley's in mortal danger! Fun times!