"Yepp, we'll both be there!" Jia responds, answering for you.

Not long after that, Chanyeol's girlfriend leaves, and your manager finally takes pity on you. He was allowing you to leave early, which was a rarity at your work. As you are nearly running out the door, Jia finally asks you the question you knew she had been dying to ask.

"Are you mad at me?"

You sigh. "No, I'm not mad at you. I know, in your own way, that you're trying to help Baekhyun, but he's right. He's gonna move on when he's ready, and not any other time before that. I'm just worried that if she talks to him, it'll make things worse for him..."

"I hadn't thought of that..." Jia quietly says, a worry line creasing her forehead.

Once you get home, you couldn't have been happier. It had been a long, boring day, and you wanted nothing more than to chill out and eat junk food while binge-watching Netflix. Just as you had changed into sweats and plopped down on the couch, your phone dings with a message.

Baekhyun: Looking for an escape, you free??

Your heart briefly flutters. You had hoped Baekhyun would take you up on your offer, but you really weren't 100% positive he would. You reply to his text with your address, knowing he would take that as a yes.

Baekhyun: See you in a bit...

Glancing around the apartment, you begin to feel slightly panicked. This was the first time anyone besides Jia would be seeing your apartment, and this wasn't just anyone. This was someone you had growing feelings for. Maybe I should pick up a little, you wonder, but you didn't know what to pick up. The apartment was pretty clean since you and your brother were often gone at work.

As if your thoughts magically summon him, your brother walks in the front door. You quietly watch as he sets his briefcase down and stares at the table for a minute. His tall frame slightly hunched over.

"You okay?" You ask, concern growing in you.

Your brother physically jumps at your voice. "Aish! You scared the crap out of me! I didn't even see you sitting there."

"I see that. You seem pretty spaced out. What's up?"

Your brother walks towards you and sits on the chair next to the couch. "I'm just exhausted. Work was hectic, and I have a dinner meeting to go to in about an hour. I just came home to get some quiet for a little bit."

You could hear the tiredness in his deep voice, and you begin to feel worry over your brother's health. He had been working so much that you hardly ever saw him, and you missed him.

"Stop. I see where your head is going, and I'm fine. Don't worry about me." He stops your thoughts, knowing you all too well. "Anyways, how have you been? I haven't had a chance to talk to you in a while."

You shrug your shoulders. "Just been working and hanging out with friends."

"That Jia girl? She seems entertaining." He flashes a smile while leaning back into the chair.

"Hang out with her for a day, and then tell me how you feel." You immediately respond, causing your brother to chuckle.

"Alright, alright. Any boys you're talking to?"

You groan into your hands. "Please don't do that protective big brother thing."

"Hey. That is my right as a big brother. You can't take it away from me."

You sigh, not really knowing how to tell him your feelings without letting the whole story come out, but you know your brother won't stop until you tell him what he wants to know. "There may be someone, but I don't know."