The Devils Tango Ch.7

Start from the beginning

You sipped your wine without even looking up, "I don't want to dance."

He placed a hand on hers while smiling somewhat villainously with his glasses reflecting moonlight.

"I insist,"

You sighed and got up, letting him hold you gingerly to the middle of the room. The music was louder now.

(That's the song^* real enemies to lovers vibes lol)

"Pushy men are a turn off you know..." You sighed.

"I'll have to remember that," He responded coolly.

They continued to waltz in sync.

"I'll have you know that then men I don't like and dance with end up dead shortly after, so you better tell me why I'm here, and I might let you off with a painless death." You darkly whispered.

Iida continued to remain calm, "If my demise is dealt by a beautiful woman such as yourself, it would be a blessing, however,..."

He dipped you and took the knife from your leg garter, then placed it swiftly in his back pocket, "We should get rid of this first, shall we?"

You sweat dropped but kept your confident aura, "You're quite bold for touching so far up my thigh like that, don't you think?"

Iida spun you and continued to dance with you.

"Bold, you say," he mused before continuing.

"Well, I can say the same for you, Ms.Opal. No one has ever been this close to me with the intent of killing me. Would you like to know why?"

You kept quiet while looking straight into his eyes.

"Because I kill them before they get the chance."

This was the first time you've ever truly been scared of a man. No, no way this could be a man.

He was far worse.

His piercing blue eyes stared straight into your slightly fearful ones intimidatingly. You could see why he was called the demon king of the underworld.

"However, I have no intentions of hurting you, Ms.Opal; I want to work together." He said, regaining his past calm and elegant demeanor.

You huffed and quickly grabbed the gun hidden in his inner coat pocket, "Then what's this?"

He hummed humorously, "Just a precaution,"

Iida smiled at you, you didn't know if you were seeing things, but you could've sworn you saw warmth in his eyes.

"I know you, L/n. I know what you want."

"Do you now~..."

Iida held you so close that your chests were touching; he caressed her cheek,

"You want to live free and in luxury. You're working hard for it, but it's starting to catch up to you, isn't it? I can help. I only ask for one thing,"

Your eyes widen in surprise, and you said hardly over a whisper, "And what would that be..."

Iida leaned into your slightly warm face and whispered,

"I want you to stay by my side,

Forever."

.
-•-
.
Tenya sat in his car looking out into the city lights, satisfied with the day's events. His heart was still skipping beats from being so close to you. However, he noticed that his right hand, Deku, who was currently driving beside him, had an irritated expression.

"Is there something wrong, Midoriya?" Iida asked while pushing up his glasses.

"Of course not, sir," he responded lightly gripping the wheel.

.
-•-
.

"Here is what I was able to gather, sir."

The red and white-haired man looked over some files that his assistant gave him. He looked over it in surprise.

His love was much more interesting than he initially thought.