"I mean, maybe? When you're not around he's still the immature rag of a boy..." Marlene said when asked about Sirius. She refused to study, claiming the book was going to kill her and that she felt like she was cheating on her bed.

"I don't know... he seems okay. I think you should do whatever you want, Rose," Said Alice dreamily, braiding Marlene's long blonde hair.

"You're just saying that because Frank asked you to go..." Marlene retorted, raising her eyebrows. Frank Longbottom, a sixth year, asked Alice to go to Hogsmeade with him.

Alice's cheeks were tinted pink but she said nothing.

"I don't know, Rosy. I mean maybe it's just like James. I don't want to see you hurt," Lily added, sighing as she tried to name the stars on her Astronomy paper.

"I think he's actually changed, Lil. Really," Rose said, stubbornly defending her friend.

She would prove he was changed, advocate for him in the group.

So when Sirius inevitably asked her to go to Hogsmeade, the last time before Christmas, she said yes.

He seemed so genuinely excited, he even kissed her cheek.

Rose was nervous though, this would be her first date, ever. She got all dolled up and put her lavender hair in a ponytail.

The metamorphmagus decided to keep her hair a different colour, just so that teachers could stop confusing her and Lily.

On the morning of the Hogsmeade date, Rose was coming down the stairs early, giddy. Her friends waited in their dorm to give Sirius and her space.

Rose's mind was on what they were going to go, what they were going to buy, if they were going to go the Three Broomsticks.

But she heard voices in the common room and stopped to listen.

"I can't believe you got her to say yes!" It sounded like James's voice.

"I honestly didn't think she would. But all that goddamn studying and boring shit seemed to do the trick. What can I say, Potter? I'm just the better catch. Pay up!" It was Sirius. Rose could feel her heart drop. No...

"Man, this bet was stupid. Now I'm out ten Galleons," This time it was Remus.

"Wait... you haven't even got her in your bed! I don't want to give all my money yet!" Potter exclaimed, objecting.

"Please, she'll be in my bed by the end of the date. I told you, it was just a bit of fun. She's already fallen for me," Sirius replied, laughing.

He was laughing.

Rose could feel her face burning, her eyes were brimming with tears. That goddamn bitch.

Before she let herself be humiliated even further, Rose marched down the rest of the stares, going straight for Black.

"Ready to go darling-" he began before being cut off. A loud smack filled the room. Sirius held his face.

"How dare you humiliate me like that! A bet, really? One whether I'll get in your bed and fuck you?" Rose yelled, her hair a bright shade of red.