With James asking Lily out, it became clear that the students were becoming more mature now. Crush's became girlfriends and boyfriends.

Sirius, however, had no time for titles. He had one girl in his bedroom after the next. It felt like he had probably slept with every girl in their year and above.

Just at the feast he was bragging about bedding a girl on the train. In his words "It was like a dementors kiss. Sucked the soul right out of me."

Rose thought he was immature and a player. She didn't have time for someone who didn't care about others and besides, quidditch and her studies kept her busy.

Remus was in the same boat. And with him getting sick every month, he didn't seem to have the time for those things either.

But little did Rose know, Sirius was planning something. Something that would ruin his relationship with her.

***

"Okay lads, start of term bet. Who's got one?" Sirius asked his friend group as they settled into their dorms.

"Oooh! I got it! I bet you can't get Rose to go to Hogsmeade with you! And I also bet you can't get her into bed," James said, adding the last part suggestively. He knew Sirus had the hots for her but was too busy fooling around.

"Come on James... that'll be too easy!" Sirius replied, his mind already on the money. "Remus?"

The studious boy looked at the other two, pursing his lips. "What if she finds out? Sirius, she'd never forgive you," he reasoned.

Black scoffed. "She won't find out. Besides, it's just a bit of fun."

Remus contemplated it for a moment before answering. "Fine... you're on. Ten galleons."

"Peter?" Potter asked the smaller boy.

He stuttered for a moment before agreeing to it.

"Alright boys... bets on."

***

Something seemed to be wrong with Sirius.

He was actually studying. The boy would actually sit in the common room with the others and do his homework, even if he complained while he did it.

Rose took notice of this fact.

Sirius even seemed to leave Sev alone if she was with him. She was starting to feel for the boy, she knew his home life was hard. Maybe he was making a change for the better.

He had asked her to Hogsmeade for the first trip of the term but she declined first, Rose knew he'd been with another girl earlier that week. She didn't feel comfortable doing that.

But when Sirius went a whole two months studying and only pulling harmless pranks, Rose felt compelled to him.

She didn't want to ruin his spirit or fire but she wished he was a bit more mature. That he would pull funny pranks that didn't hurt or embarrass anyone. And it finally seemed like he was maturing.