14: Fever Dream

Sorry for the long wait! I had a history exam this week that needed to be studied for, and I think I did well! No caffeine energy drinks or praying to Mary needed for this exam!! Anyways, enjoy, remember to comment and vote!

PS: I'm not sure this is scientifically accurate, but oh well. It was fun to write! It also gets slightly dark, as Fia opens up about her past.

 It was fun to write! It also gets slightly dark, as Fia opens up about her past

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
ERIN

The sun shined extra bright on Sunday morning, and Erin was woken to the bright light shining within the tent.

Sitting up, she stretched her arms outwards, and stared around the tent. It was cool and crisp in the tent, and everyone was huddled under their blankets... including.

"What the feck?" She whispered. James wasn't in the tent, and Fia was covered in like- seventeen blankets, shivering and sweating at the same time.

Erin shook Michelle awake, who slapped her face. "Michelle!" She spat, pushing her shoulder.

"What?" Michelle groaned, sitting up, rubbing her eyes.

"Does Fia look hot?"

"What? What the fuck are ye on about?"

"Look at her, she's sweating, but shivering. And where is James?"

Michelle focused on the figure in the corner of the tent. Fia's forehead was glossy and her hair looked wet, yet she was shivering furiously.

"Shit. They went and did what Mary told them not to do- and now Fia's sick." Michelle mumbled.

"Whos sick?" Clare whispered frantically, her eyes narrowing on the sleeping girl. "Oh- she looks awful."

"Should I go get mammy? She's going to be livid." Erin whispered. Checking her watch, it was almost 9 am.

"Erin, reach out and feel Fia's forehead. Who knows, she could just be slightly over heating."

"Michelle! It's like 5 degrees in this tent. I can see my own feckin breath! She is not over heating!"

Erin reached out her hand to feel the back of Fia's neck. It was burning.

"Shit. I'm going to get mammy. Michelle, wake her up. Gently."

Erin unzipped the tent. She saw James talking to her mum.

"How's Fia?" James said, rushing to Erin. Before Erin could stop him, she reached out and felt his forehead. It was warm, but he seemed to have more energy than Fia.

"Well." Erin mumbled. "It looks like we may have a bit of a problem."

"I know, love. We've already discussed it." Mary said, sighing. "Fia seems to be quite ill, James, you aren't far off."