Chapter 45

Bai Xinyu returned: Yu Fengcheng?

The other side also replied quickly: Who else?

Bai Xinyu thinks to himself, you're addicted to the Three Character Classic, I'm a literary person too and quickly replies: I don't know.

There was a phone call from the other side, once the call came through, Yu Fengcheng's lazy voice came out and said, "I haven't seen you for a few days now, where are you?"

Bai Xinyu hesitated, he didn't tell Yu Fengcheng that he was in Qinhuangdao, he thought it was a bit embarrassing that he had come to Qinhuangdao when he had said he didn't need to meet at the airport the other day, so he said: "Of course I'm at home."

"Did you miss me?"

"Yawn, I'm at home every day eating and drinking, I didn't think of you."

"Yeah but I kind of miss you."

Bai Xinyu's face broke into an involuntary smile, he coughed lightly, "Keep thinking about it."

"Come and see me in Qinhuangdao in a few days."

Bai Xinyu said: "Why didn't you say you were coming to Beijing to see me."

"You haven't spent enough time in Beijing? Let's go somewhere else for fun."

"What's there to do in the cold." Bai Xinyu rubbed his hands together, it was cold enough in the morning.

"Come when you're told."

Bai Xinyu said with a reluctant look, "Okay, I'll see you in a few days when I'm free." He was going to wait until his brother was ready to go back to Beijing, let Master Jian's driver take him back and go to Yu Fengcheng himself.

Yu Fengcheng gave a slightly satisfied "hmm" and said, "I say, you haven't been out for the last two days, have you?"

"I'm with my brother, busy..." After he said that, he thought the conversation was a bit off, it made it sound like they were a proper couple, weren't they fuck buddies, he brushed it off and said, "It's none of your business if I'm screwing around or not."

Yu Fengcheng was silent for a moment, sneered "I don't give a shit but, I'm a bit clean in this area, don't forget we're going back to the army in half a month, don't offend me, okay."

Bai Xinyu gave a slow hum.

"Come and call me." Yu Fengcheng hung up after saying that.

Bai Xinyu gives the screen a middle finger, then remembers it's his own phone and drops his hand in frustration.

Jian Suiying stayed with the old man for a few days, playing chess and drinking tea with him every day, he lived like a pensioner but it was obvious to everyone, Jian Suiying was in a depressed and preoccupied mood, sometimes he would be in a daze for a long time, which was worrying. Bai Xinyu doesn't know how to comfort his brother, he just stays with him, he's not used to this life but he wasn't used to it before, he loved to play, now he's not used to it, he feels he has nothing to do day in and day out, he's adapted to the fast pace of the army, now he can't sit on the bench, apart from running three times a day, he's also He's got nothing better to do than to run three times a day but he's also got a lot of time to look at the old man's vegetable patch and pigsty, he's already a sweet talker, he's got the goodwill of all the old man's helpers.

In the end, the old man can't stand Jian Suiying's deadliness, so he lets them go out and have fun, go to bars and clubs, do something young.