7 - Hickey

JJ walks into the BAU on Monday morning, Emily is out of her office getting coffee. JJ stops even though her cup is full.

"Morning"

"Morning"

"It took me forever-" JJ starts before Spencer walks into the kitchen area.

She and Emily both instinctively step apart -although they weren't that close- to avoid any suspiciousness.

"How were your weekends?" Spencer asks as Luke joined them, pouring his cup of coffee.

"Good, I got to rest. You know with Henry being at Penelope's" JJ says, she staya to hear Luke's answer but quickly walks to her desk, claiming she had work to get started on. Emily follows behind shortly after, walking up to her office. She was quickly met with Garcia coming by stating that they have a case.

She places the file on Emily's desk, "Can you tell everyone to meet in the round table room in 5, thanks". As she looks over the file she hears a knock on the door.

"Come in" she says while standing up and walking around her desk, "you must be Agent Matt Simmons", she sticks her hand out to shake.

"Yes, it is very nice to meet you Unit Chief Prentiss."

"You've worked with this team before, yes?"

"We worked a couple of cases when I was with the IRT"

"Well I'm glad to have you here, I'm sure they will too. We actually have a case, we are about to start the briefing." Emily informs Matt. The two of them walk out of her office and down the hall to the round table room, "oh and call me Emily, everyone does."

------

Everyone was sitting on the jet, they had already gone over victimology, and had dispersed around the jet awaiting the landing. Most of the team was sitting together, catching up with Matt. JJ and Emily sat on the other end of the jet, facing eachother.

"What were you going to say earlier, before Spencer came by?" Emily asks quietly.

"It took me forever to cover that hickey from Saturday night" JJ said equally as quiet, while also faking annoyance.

"Sorry" Emily laughs.

------

"Matt and JJ are closest" Emily tells Tara and Rossi after hearing the address for the unsubs house over the phone with Garcia. She walks to the other side of the room and calls JJ, " Garcia just sent you an address, the unsub is there"

"Got it"

--

Matt and JJ arrive at the house, they see the open back gate and go directly to the back. The unsub is drowning kids, a backyard pool is the perfect place for him to do so. They quietly make their way back, they get eyes on the unsub, he's has a young girl infront of him and is tying a cement block around her small torso, as he had with the other victims they found.

"FBI, step away from the girl!" Matt yells.

He looks up panicked, he pushes the girl in and takes off running.

"Go, I got her" JJ says, Matt takes off running. JJ quickly undoes her bullet proof vest, dropping it on the ground along with her gun and jumps into the water. She attempts to lift the girl out of the water but the cement was too heavy. She frantically unties the loosely formed knot, the unsub must not have had time to tie it tighter she thought, she gets the brick off the girl and quickly grabs her swimming to the top and placing her outside of the pool. She gets out and checks to see if the girl is still breathing, she isn't. JJ grabs her vest and sticks it under the girls head, she uses the radio on it to call for an ambulance and began chest compressions. After a few pumps the young strawberry blonde haired girl began coughing, first spitting out the water that had made its way into her lungs. JJ helps her sit up and rubs her back as she continues to cough. Spencer and Luke get there just as medics arrive, soon followed by Tara and the parents of the girl. They stand at the sides of the stretcher looking down at their daughter, JJ watches from a couple feet back, holding a heat blanket around her cold dripping body.

As the rest of the team wraps up the solved case, JJ changes in the small changeroom at the police station. She washes off her minimal make up and dries her hair off with the towel she had grabbed from the back of the changeroom.

------

"Ooh, what's that?" Tara jokes, pointing towards JJ's neck. She quickly remembers that the only thing hiding the hickey was the massive amount of foundation she had put on it this morning, which she clearly had accidentally wiped completely off when changing out of her wet clothes.

"Some one is getting some lovin'" Luke jokes, as Rossi smiles at the banter of younger agents.

Emily attempts to keep her poker face, while also showing just enough emotion to not make anyone suspicious.

"So JJ who is it? Someone we know?" Tara prys.

"I- I'm not saying anything. You guys weren't even supposed to see it" JJ says quickly, attempting to readjust her hair to cover the hickey but really only making it more apparent.

"Well we did." Matt jokes.

"Guess now we know what you do when Garcia takes Henry for the weekends" Emily laughs, giving JJ a look, before JJ rolls her eyes.

"You know Emily, you could probably catch who it is if you look out of your door at the right time" Luke adds.

"Ok can we be done with this. Spencer can you please go on some tangent about a weird fact" JJ says turning her head to see the youngest agent asleep with an open book in his hands.

"Looks like the kid can't save you this time" Rossi jokes, as the rest of the team continues conversations until they land.

------

JJ parks her car but doesn't get out right away, she knows Emily left work only a couple minutes after she did. She sees the familiar car pull up next to her own and finally gets out of her car. Emily cuts her engine and gets out of her car, she sees JJ on the other side of the vehicle, leaning on her own car.

"Nice covering" the blonde jokes as the two begin to walk towards the front door of the apartment building.

"I'm sorry about saying that, I was just nervous that if I didn't say anything-" Emily starts.

"Hey it's ok really. I don't care if they want to believe that I am hooking up with someone while Henry isn't with me,  let them. I'm just glad that it's with you."

"We should be a little more careful about hickeys though"

JJ nods, "maybe don't go all Dracula on my neck next time", Emily laughs.

"I can make no promises"

They step out of the elevator and walk down the short hallway to JJ's door. They shared a simple kiss goodnight before JJ goes inside and  Emily goes to her own apartment.

A/N  Emily=Dracula     JJ=Irresistible