I'm Coming to Get You

"So Kiri~!" Mina smiled from across the table. He glanced up, grabbing a few fries and eating them. He wondered if Bakugo would like to try them, what would he think?

"Hm?" he hummed, looking over, noticing both Sero and Denki were looking at him.

"What?" he asked, did they say something, was he thinking about the merman so much he didn't notice they were talking to him.

Mina's eyes went wide, "KIRI!!" she shouted at the few people around their table, but loud enough the other diners gave her a dirty look, before going back to their food. "What?!"

He definitely missed something.

"Oh my God, you have a crush," she smiled, taking a sip of her drink, and Kiri's eyes went wide, "What??" he leaned forward, he just met Bakugo! It wasn't a crush, and how did they already know? They made sure not to talk about it or even hint at something.

"You have that look when you get a crush! You get this dumb smile and you completely zone out! Pluuus, you haven't denied it, so spill."

He looked shell-shocked. He hadn't gone back down to the cove in a while; Bakugo might not even be there anymore. "I haven't met anyone!" he tried to deny.

"That's such a lie!" She called him out on his bullshit.

"I can't talk about this yet, and it's not a crush if we just met." He tried to defend himself.

She simply smiled. "Girl or boy?" she asked, and knowing Mina she would ask till she got a description.

"Boy, I think," he said, with Bakugo it was hard to tell, as his top half was male, but he was also a fish. Were fish intersex, or could they change gender like frogs can? But Bakugo was also partly human, and not a frog.

He should google this, see what he can find out about sirens, mermaids, and fish in general.

But first, he would have to survive the questions Mina had for him.

"What do you mean, 'I think?" She seemed confused.

"Well, it's kinda hard to tell," he muttered, unsure of himself at this point.

"Like, they're non-binary?"

"Not sure. I didn't ask, and they didn't give me their pronouns." It's not like he can ask, he can barely remember what he learned yesterday. "When are you seeing them again? What's their name?"

"Uh... later today, and Bakugo," he said, trying to get the pronunciation correct.

"Bakugo? Haven't heard that before, where are they from?"

Maybe he should have made up a name? "Uh, didn't ask." He kinda lied. He couldn't tell them Bakugo was from the ocean. "Where y'all meeting?" Denki piped in, giving Kiri the 'look.'

"Like I'd tell you guys, the next thing I'd know would be you guys are following me," he joked, "But I am heading out," he said, getting up from the table. "Aww!" They all whined, watching him leave before Sero called out, "Say hi to Bakugo for me," he said the name very well as the way Bakugo introduced himself. He glanced back, raising his eyebrow at Sero, who winked before turning back to his meal.

He knew something Kiri didn't. They had met Sero last year; his parents moved here on business.

But Sero never talked about them, just said they were busy people, and didn't like to be disturbed. Of course, they didn't pry, family problems weren't fun and he wouldn't want his troubles out in the open, but what did Sero mean? Does he know Bakugo? Is he the same as Bakugo? He should ask...