𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

Depuis le début

But that was that.

Despite being so jealous, he was also glad that he didn't work. Because not working anywhere means having free time, and having some good time to yourself means he would be able to spend, –if not each and every second,– most of his day with Hoseok, but that was only in the absence if Jimin, though.

"Right," was all he said and the older duo went back to the discussion, forgetting that they had actually asked Jeongguk to suggest them some good places.

Jeongguk stands there with no other thoughts. He is excited to finally work with his hyung, yes, but he also doesn't want to stay away from Hoseok. He already barely meets him despite him being unemployed. What would he do if he gets busy with work just like Jimin? Would he have to give up on Hoseok then?

That can never happen! Jeongguk warns to his own self. I won't ever do that.

During lunch hour.

Jimin opened the box he packed for himself this morning and proudly looked at his own creation, "Wow, I should apply for a chef," he praises himself, chuckling. Yes, Jimin has been cooking for himself and for Hoseok more frequently these days despite being busy with his office life. He has to make it up to Hoseok one way or the other, after all. He can't always leave Hoseok alone and not do anything for him using his work as an excuse.

It was at that time Jeongguk saw him. He saw how proudly Jimin was looking at the packed lunch he brought. Probably, Hoseok had packed him some. He assumes, and although he has no right on the said male, he still got jealous.

So he approaches Jimin.

"People would think you're mad if you keep smiling like so when you're alone."

Jimin frowns as he looks at Jeongguk. He really does not understand what has gotten into the younger lately. He agrees that Jeongguk was always sassy, and always only did what he thought was right. He also heard quite a few stories of his from Seokjin, so he never questioned him about his odd behaviour.

He thinks that's how Jeongguk usually is.

A grumpy little kid who needs affection.

"You're still here?" Jimin questions him ignoring his comment.

Jeongguk nods and takes a seat in front of him, "Oh, what are you having for you lunch? I didn't know you bring lunch from home."

Rolling his eyes, Jimin laughs, "And that's because you're barely here during work hours, let alone during the break hours."

The younger one says nothing to that except nodding. The stupid part of him wants to eat the food all by himself, not leaving a bite for Jimin to eat, although that would only be a waste.

Because he can't ever stop Jimin from eating Hoseok's food when they're married and live in the same house, unlike him. So, if Jimin fails to eat the items cooked by his husband in the office, he would surely eat at theur home.

So, snatching away the food would just be a waste of his attempts.

Sensing Jeongguk's eyes plastered on his lunch box, "Wanna have a bite?" Jimin offers, pushing a little box of his lunch towards Jeongguk, "You should have some if you want. I swear it's tasty."

And there it was.

His proud smile again.

Jeongguk swore he would have (dis)respectfully declined the offer, but then he heard Jimin continue, "I've been cooking quite a lot recently, and been thankfully improving each day. I had a taste of it at home before leaving for work, and I can say it's edible." He laughs at himself.

That's when Jeongguk realises. "So.. you've been sitting here in the lounge, alone on that, smiling like a fool while looking at your lunch box because.. because you made the food yourself?"

"Of course!" Jimin replies, "Do not think it's easy to cook. I never realised how hard it was until I started doing it myself. It's been making me wonder how my baby has managed to cook such good food so far, which is never unhealthy on that, and daily on that, for me."

He grins halting his little rant for a moment before speaking again, "My baby doesn't even complain to me about it. Which makes me want to devour each and every thing he cooks. Although I'm not as good as he is, he always praises me, says that I'm improving and that's what I need to keep going on."

And Jeongguk's mood drops again.

He doesn't know if Jimin is genuinely just praising Hoseok, or if he's showing him off, or if he's rubbing the fact that they're married and are happy right on Jeongguk's face right now. He frowns, not particularly at the mention of Hoseok, but by the way he was being mentioned by Jimin. Why does Jimin always mention Hoseok in his talks like he's in love with him, why in the fuck does he talk so fondly about him?

Obviously, that's because he actually loves him, duh. Came a voice from his head answering both his [silly] questions.

Clearing his throat and shaking away all of those thoughts, "I won't, I won't." Jeongguk raises his hands in defence, "Let's see how good of a cook you are," he challenges the shorter.

"You can do that," Jimin agrees, "Here, have this first." He offers one of the starters from his lunch and Jeongguk accepts.

14'02, 2021
12 00 pm

Not proofread.
Vote & comment!
wc: +1.5 k words