Chapter 9 - Shared moments

Start from the beginning

'I think we're even after the fight with Jackson. See, you saved me there, too.' This time, he gave him a heart-warming smile. 'About that, why haven't you run away when you had a chance?'

'You might've been on a losing side for a sec. But you're the one who doesn't wanna eat me,' he joked, making them both laugh. 'Besides, if he'd knocked you out, he'd have gone for me next. I had to help.'

He lay down on his back again. 'Additionally, having a vampire on your side seems better than not having one, doesn't it?' he chuckled.

After a while, William suddenly rose to the seat, pulling off the blanket. 'I have an idea.' He stood up and looked around with a pensive expression, scratching the back of his head.

'Hmm, what's that?'

The blond knelt down beside him. 'I will drive the van, meanwhile you will get some sleep. I hope it'll provide you much needed background noise,' he explained with a grin, getting to his feet.

Trevor got up at once. 'You'll do that for me?' he asked, his eyes twinkling.

'Of course,' he smiled, and ran his hand through the man's rather short and jet-black hair, which turned out soft in touch. 'You can rest now.' After taking the keys from the counter, he headed to the front seat and the steering wheel, taking a last glance over his shoulder at Trevor.

When Trevor woke up later that day, the rear door was wide open, and the morning sun shone through it. He first opened his eyes, then got up before looking around the van interior. William definitely wasn't there, although everything else seemed in its place, even the keys were inserted in the lock. It was highly suspicious. He slipped his shoes on at once, and got out of the van while still dressed in pajamas.

As his feet touched the ground, gravel crunched under the soles of his trainers. With a hand to his brows, Trevor sighted a lot of greenery surrounding him but not much besides it. He turned around with a frown, having no idea where he was, and saw William sitting in a folding chair, a pair of sunglasses on his nose and a newspaper in his hands. A sigh of relief left Trevor's lungs.

Surprised, Trevor walked up to him. 'What are you doing?' As he looked back, he spotted a sizable lake bathed in sunshine.

'Sunbathing, can't you see?' he smiled, putting the newspaper on his lap.

It threw him off. 'Where did you get the newspaper from?'

'Petrol station,' he answered and raised his eyebrows a few times in excitement. 'After my grand metamorphose, there's no need to hide anymore. I can finally show up in places, and don't worry about the cameras.'

'Are you sure it's safe? You won't get caught?' Trevor bombarded him with questions.

William furrowed his brows and gazed at him. 'Of course I am. Who would think about connecting me with the long-gone master Westwood, hmm?'

'Your surname's Westwood?'

'Yes, don't you like it?'

'It's cool, I guess.' He walked off a bit. 'So posh,' he teased, raising his hand in the air.

William wished Trevor had not moved away so that he could have hit him with the folded newspaper. However, it didn't stop him from imitating an attempt to hit him. The scared look on his face made the blond laugh.

After a while, which they'd spent on admiring the views, Trevor carried on with talking. 'A lake, huh?'

'I wanted us to relax a bit before, you know, the less pleasant part.' He stood up and joined Trevor. 'I have another chair in the van for you, if you want it.'

He smiled for an answer and added, 'Sure. But before that, would you like to go swimming first?' He clapped his hands twice in glee.

William's eyes widened immediately. 'Um, I don't feel like swimming.'

'Oh, come on!' Trevor slapped him in the blade bone. 'It's not a big deal. As you said, we're relaxing.'

He crossed his arms. 'That's not really my definition of relaxing.'

'What is it, then?'

'Perhaps something less wet. For example, reading satisfies me.'

'Don't be so lame.' He rolled his eyes while stretching the last word out. 'Maybe we could at least soak our feet a little. Whatcha think, huh?'

The vampire sighed, giving up. 'Sounds better than swimming.'

'Okay, but let me get change first,' he smiled and jogged back to the van.

When Trevor was pulling off his pajamas top, William had slipped his shoes off and was walking now beside the shore. Sand was bending under his feet, leaving visible footprints in it. A refreshing breeze was blowing off the lake, causing his hair to toss in every possible direction. It also made the air pleasant to breathe. There was no one to disturb their relaxation.

Dressed in sports clothes, Trevor came back and put his arm around the blond, who shuddered a bit in reaction. Then he cuffed his sweatpants before immersing his feet underwater. To his surprise, his hand was still grasping the vampire's outstretched one. With a grin, he waited for William to follow him.

As his foot touched the water, he grimaced at once. 'Don't tell me you liked that bath in the pond.'

'Can't say that, since it was terrible. Water was freezing there.' He let go of William's hand. 'But it's quite warm here. Pleasant, too.'

The moment William advanced in the lake, a sudden and irregular wave came straight at him. It was Trevor's doing, which resulted in almost half of the vampire's trousers being wet. He sighed with a low-pitched tone while looking at grinning Trevor, who appeared devoid of remorse. However, there was no anger in him. This move might have been stupind and childish, but they were relaxing in the end. William, therefore, looked forward to his upcoming revenge. 

Btw, I decided that the ship's name is Trelliam. Tell me what you think about it.