Chapter 18

"It doesn't take a lot of strength to hang on. It takes a lot of strength to let go."

      -J.C. Watts

~

"I thought that once you knew about Kohaku you would be mad at me and not want me anymore." Naruto whispered back and sobbed again.

"Of course I'm not mad a you, usuratonkachi. I could never be mad at you. I love you." The sobs came louder and the blond hugged Sasuke back with equal force. Naruto looked up at the raven Uchiha and poked his cheek.

"I love you too, shiseishi. Thank you." Sasuke chuckled and kissed the blond.

"No, thank you."

~

Third POV

"Hey ..." Came out a tired soft voice. The other one turned towards the voice. 

"What is it ?" Asked an equally tired voice. 

"What should we do tomorrow ?" 

"Hmmm... I don't know.. Maybe we could... No ... " 

"Just say it Naruto." 

Naruto stared at the raven who was lying next to him on their large king bed, it was almost 1 AM. He hummed and crunched his blond eyebrows.

"If you wouldn't mind, I'd really like to..ummm... maybe visit Kohaku-kun's and Kirio-baachan's graves ? It's been so long since I've visited them." He said in a small voice. Sasuke took one hand from Naruto to his, and kissed the knuckles.

"Of course I wouldn't mind. We'll visit them tomorrow. If I may ask though, where are the graves ?" Naruto chuckled.

"Well Kirio-baachan's is in Tea Country, and Kohaku-kun's is near Kumo's borders. Not a long way to go, if I use my awesome transport jutsu Kurama showed me." The blond smirked and yawned.

"Alright, alright, I believe you, of course you have an awesome transport jutsu." Naruto slapped his hand and scowled comically.

"It is awesome and you'll know it tomorrow." Sasuke just shook his head, a small smile on his pale lips, bid a goodnight, and wrapped the smaller shinobi around his arms, and they dozed off.

~In Konohagakure~

"I have a mission for you." The blonde Hokage of the Leaf Village announced team Asuma and the current team Kakashi. The shinobi's nodded to the Hokage, who continued.

"You will go on a delivery mission, high B-rank. You will deliver an important scroll to Kumogakure, to the Raikage." All of the occupants of the room except the hidden ANBU guards nodded.

"If I may ask, Hokage-sama, what is this scroll containing if it's a B-rank ?" Shikamaru asked in bored tone. He looked tired, not that any of the others were looking any better.

"It is a peace treaty." She simply said and all the shinobi's widened their eyes. 

"A peace treaty ? With Kumo ? They'll never even consider it !" Asuma argued, but was silenced by the powerful glare of their Hokage, Tsunade, who took a sip of sake and sighed.

"It's worth a shot. And also," She drawled. "If you see him.." 

"We will, Tsunade-sama. We will." Sakura said in firm tone and everyone nodded along them. This time they were ready.