Chapter 23

"There is no doubt that it is around the family and home that all the greatest virtues, the most dominating virtues of human society, are created strengthened and maintained."

-Winston Churchill

~

Sai backed away from the couple and the baby, and walked towards the other gaping nins.

"Why don't I just paint a picture, it'll last longer."

~

"So are you ready to head out, Naruto, Sasuke ?" Asuma whispered, as Arashi had just fallen asleep again. Naruto shook his head and glared at Kakashi who was ready to open his mouth with a retort. He was obviously silenced.

Sasuke glanced at the blonde as Naruto walked back towards the grave. He glanced Sasuke a meaningful glance and Sasuke understood what he wanted. He turned his back towards the grave and the blonde while staring at the two shinobi teams.

"What are you doing, Sasuke ?" Sakura asked when she noticed Sasuke's stiff posture. Shikamaru sighed.

"Naruto asked him to watch us, so we wouldn't go any closer to the grave obviously." He drawled and Ino rolled her pale blue eyes.

"Obviously, yeah obviously we should have noticed that Naruto somehow without using words asked Sasuke to be a guard, obviously we should have noticed that, Shikamaru." The said lazy teen just shrugged and Ino huffed. The lazy brunet took a step closer Sasuke. Said raven narrowed his black eyes.

"Can I talk to him. I won't bug him if that's what your worried." Sasuke contemplated on his options and decided to glance back to the blonde, who sensed the raven's stare and turned around with a raised eyebrow. Sasuke said nothing, just pointed Shikamaru and Naruto slowly nodded. The lazy teen nodded and walked slowly towards the head stone. He was worried over his friend but also curious about the grave.

He sat down next to blonde holding the sleeping baby. "Are you really alright with coming back to Konoha ?" Naruto shook his head. "No, but it's something that has to be done. I don't want to live in Konoha anymore, and I just need Hokage-sama's permission to that." The blonde whispered and Shikamaru nodded.

"Is Sasuke treating you right ?" He asked and Naruto chuckled. "Yeah, I revenged the pain he gave me." Shikamaru nodded and sighed.

"Were you close ?" He asked, gesturing Kohaku's grave. Naruto nodded. "We traveled together for almost a year. He wasn't exactly a shinobi but could fight like one." Naruto whispered.

"I'm sorry about him," Shikamaru whispered and turned towards the grave. "He'll be in good hands, Kohaku-san. I won't let any harm come to him as long as I live, and so won't Sasuke. You don't have anything to worry about." He looked back at the blonde and widened his eyes as he saw tears in the blonde's blue eyes and the brunet hugged him mindful of Arashi.