हुकूमत

Start from the beginning

****

"We have to take a decision sir. Nation can not survive anymore without a government." Brigadier Dixit said.

General Gurmeet knew that brigadier was right.

"What do you suggest Dixit? I am asking you as a friend." Gurmeet said.

"I think we should form a 'Junta' Government for now. You should lead that government" Brigadier said.

A military junta (/ˈhʊntə, ˈdʒʌn-/) is a government led by a committee of military leaders. The term junta means "meeting" or "committee".

A junta often comes to power as a result of a coup d'état. The junta may either formally take power as the nation's governing body, with the power to rule by decree, or may exercise power by exercising binding (but informal) control over a nominally civilian government.

"Elaborate please" Gurmeet ordered.

"It will be like a democratic government but without elections. You will decide everything" Brigadier started explaining.

"Wait" Gurmeet stopped him. "Do not suggest me to free those politicians. I'll not"

"We have already declared martial law. You will be the leader of the junta. You can decide which people will be there in group. And that group will rule the country. You'll be the de facto leader. That's what nation wants" Dixit said. "We don't need politicians to form the government."

"Maine yahi socha hai. Isiliye maine meeting bulayi hai. I am thankful Brigadier that your thinking is still the same." Gurmeet said.

Dixit understood that Gurmeet knew about Sumedh visiting his house. He decided to keep quiet.

***

Martial law is the temporary imposition of direct military control of normal civil functions or suspension of civil law by a government, especially in response to a temporary emergency where civil forces are overwhelmed, or in an occupied territory.

Typically, the imposition of martial law accompanies curfews; the suspension of civil law, civil rights. Civilians defying martial law may be subjected to military tribunal (court-martial).

****

Ranveer, Aarushi and Vihaan heard about the Junta government.

" At least we will have a government now. What a progress! "Ranveer said sarcastically.

"General has asked me to join the government" Vihaan broke the news.

Aarushi widened her eyes and looked at him. "When? What did you say?"

"Yesterday. " Vihaan said.

"Are you serious? Don't tell me tumne na bola" Aarushi said.

"Par haan bhi nahi bola" Vihaan said.

"Why?" Ranveer asked.

"I don't want to be a part of this. I want them to announce elections." Vihaan said.

"Well. That's not gonna happen. It was clear from the first day. It's you who suddenly realised this" Ranveer said while eating chips.

"He's right" Aarushi said. "Ask him about me. If you join the Junta then what are you supposed to do with me?"

"Ranveer" Vihaan suddenly said. "Sameeksha and her jail mates were on a hunger strike for almost 10 days. When junta government was formed first thing they did was to ensure her that they will do something about the people affected by the riots"

"Ten days?" Ranveer was shocked. "Her personal best"

"Aapko kuch laga nahi yeh sun ke ki wo 10 din bina khaye baithi thi" Aarushi was surprised.

"Umm. Nahi. Usko aadat hai anshan vagera ki. Mujhe bhi." He replied. "Matlab mujhe aadat hai uske anshan pe hone ki"

Aarushi chuckled. "Why are you so serious?" She asked to Vihaan.

"Nothing." Vihaan lied.

*****

"I don't want to do anything about those people. I want these people to fear. Uske liye aise steps lena jaroori hai" Gurmeet said.

"Sir, but people loves you. They trust you." One of the Junta members said.

"Yes. And those people don't want me to help the people affected by riots" Gurmeet said.

"I think this is a clear violation of Human rights. We can not do this. International level pe bahot pressure ban raha hai sir." Dixit said.

"What can we do? Riots to ruk gaye. Jo log bhaag gaye hai unko dhundte baithe?" Gurmeet asked.

"Nahi sir. If you allow me I want to suggest something" Dixit said.

"Go ahead" Gurmeet said.

"Sir what if we set up camps for those people? Bahot se logoke ghar jal chuke hai. Hum bolenge ki jo jo log chhup rahe hai wo aise camps me reh jaye hum unko protection denge. Isse at least aisa to dikhega ki hum log kuch to kar rahe hai" Dixit suggested.

Gurmeet thought for a minute. "Baki sab log kya sochte hai iske bareme?"

"I think it'll be good" Navy chief said.

Rest people were also agreeing.

"Fine. I'll think about it" Gurmeet declared.

******

हुकूमत : Regime : a government, especially an authoritarian one.