Chapter 20

"Draco! Come quick!" 

Hermione heard Draco walk hastily into the living room, and he tripped over his own feet once, "What is it?"

"Lion King," Hermione chirped happily, "sit down, it's about to start." She patted the place beside her on the carpet. He seemed to have been sleeping. She suppressed a giggle at his messed up hair, and he raised a hand to cover his mouth as he yawned.

"Who's the Lion King?" Draco tilted his head at an angle and sat down on the floor next to her, leaving a respectable distance between them. 

"Watch it, it's amazing," Hermione grinned widely.

They had gotten over the awkwardness over the "incident" surprisingly quickly. But they were both glad for it.

"That's not a real lion," Draco managed to sound horrified and scandalised at the same time, "it's-what's wrong with it?"

"It's an animation," Hermione explained, "it's made using a computer, programming and visual effects and graphics and such."

"Interesting," he listened intently as the theme song started up. 

"How are all the animals dancing?" Draco still seemed unable to process what he was seeing.

"It's to add to the dramatic effect," Hermione waved a hand through the air.

"What about all the other lions? Why's there only one?" 

"Do me a favor," Hermione rolled her eyes, "shut up and watch."

"Whatever."

He remained silent for precisely six seconds.

"What kind of bird is that?"

"That's Zazu, I'm not sure what kind of bird he is."

"The cub is Simba?"

"Yes."

"His girlfriend is Nala?"

"They're just kids, she's not his girlfriend," Hermione frowned, then added, "yet."

Draco watched silently after that. He called Simba a "disobedient twat" when he went to the elephant graveyard with Nala. Otherwise he was quiet. 

"Did Mufasa just fucking die?" he glared angrily at the screen as though it was at fault for Mufasa's death.

"Yes he did," Hermione said, "look at Simba all alone, poor thing."

They were silent again. That is, until Timon and Pumba began their signature song. Hermione couldn't stay quiet, it would be breaking a tradition.

"Hakuna Matata," Hermione sang along loudly with the characters, "what a wonderful phrase!"

"You're making my ears bleed, Granger," Draco looked horrified at her terrible singing.

"Hakuna Matata," she sang louder, "ain't no passing craze!"

Draco shook his head, a grin starting to lift up the corners of his mouth, "Honestly Granger, do shut up."

"It means no worries," Hermione threw her hands up in the air, "for the rest of your days!"

"Granger I'm going to hex you!" Draco threatened less than half heartedly.

Soon, they were both singing along. Draco trying his hardest to follow the lyrics, and Hermione singing like she had thousands of times before. When the song ended, they both collapsed on the floor, laughing and completely out of breath. 

After roughly another hour, the movie ended. 

"That was-"

"Amazing? Stupendous?"