hasegawa langa - the beach

- reader is gender neutral

"(Name)!"

You hear your name being called from afar and squint, holding your hand above your eyes. You make out Reki beckoning you over, but you politely refuse by holding up your arms to form an 'X'.

Although the beach is a nice holiday resort for you and your friends, you don't particularly feel like playing around today. The journey to get here included far too much walking, so all you want to do is rest on a deckchair next to Cherry.

"Are you not going to join them?" asks Cherry, tapping away at his tablet.

You shake your head. "Not today, not right now. I don't feel like it."

Cherry nods, understanding how tired you are. "That's fair, we can relax here together."

After a few minutes of comfortable silence, you hear two approaching voices shouting over each other — something about how Reki loves strawberry flavoured ice cream with mint sauce and Shadow's objection to that — so yes, you can safely say that the skate quartet is heading your way.

"—disgusting! How the hell can you enjoy something as bad as strawberry ice cream with mint sauce?!"

"—is a god's blessing and I am so distraught to hear you say how much you loathe it. If you add a drizzle of mint sauce and a dash of chocolate flakes, you are in for a treat, my friend."

Shadow makes a nauseated expression and moves to sit down on the blanket you prepared. He grabs a cup of noodles from the bag (that you also provided) and begins wolfing down the contents in a heartbeat. Sometimes, you can't tell if Shadow's mannerisms are worse than Reki's unusual love for strawberry-mint-chocolate ice cream.

"(Name), why didn't you join us?" the redhead asks as he lies down on the mat.

"I'm very happy sitting here on this splendid deckchair. Cherry has great taste in outdoor furniture."

The pink-haired man nods again, accepting your compliment.

"What?! It's so fun when you hang out with us!" Reki whines, clinging onto your legs like a child.

"You have Shadow, Langa and Miya."

"Yeah but, Langa wouldn't stop complaining about how you didn't play with us," Reki blurts out.

The half-Canadian teen lets out a squawk and coughs on his drink. He shoots Reki an embarrassed glare and quickly turns his head around to avoid the comments he might receive because of the prominent blush on his face.

"He did?"

Miya yawns and leans back. "He did. He was very slow at tossing the ball too, he was distracted the entire time."

"Oh yeah, that's why you lost against me and Shadow."

Miya furrows his brows. "Uh, no. You clearly cheated. Shadow threw me out of the water."

"I saved your ass by doing this," Reki presses his fingers together and jabs the air sharply, causing you to snort and almost drop your drink. (a/n: naruto reference: one thousand years of death)

Shadow throws the cup away. "That hurt."

"That was the point."

"That was not saving my ass, you didn't do anything to help me," Miya says and looks around to find his game console. "(Name), do you have my thing?"

"Yeah, here."

"Thank you."

"Anyway! Back to the topic of Langa boohooing, (Name), we're going to leave your guy here so you can have some 'private' time."