Chapter Fourty Seven.

A familiar smell filled Sofia's as her eyes fluttered open. She smiled as she rolled over to look up at her ceiling. It was the day that Sofia had been the most excited for ever since she had gotten home from Hogwarts.

Christmas Morning.

A froggy yawn erupted from Sofia's throat, and she sat up taking in the comforting smell of pancakes.

It was tradition for her family, of course. Her mom would wake up earlier than usual and make a cute Christmas breakfast. They would all eat together, and then Sofia would open her presents. Her parents never woke her up themselves like they used to, considering she didn't believe in old Saint Nick anymore.

Sofia's nostalgic thoughts were interrupted by something tapping her window. She looked over, the dim morning light shining in her eyes.

An owl sat, perched on the edge with a letter in it's beak.

Who would write so early? And why on Christmas?

Sofia threw her comforter off of her, and walked over to the window. She opened it, and smiled at the owl. She took the letter from it's beak, and pet the top of its head. "Thanks," she told the brown bird, and it seemed to nod at her before it flew off.

She quickly unfolded the letter, familiar handwriting covering the parchment,

My dearest Sofia,

Merry Christmas! I hope this gets to you when I want it to. I hope your holiday has been good so far. Does your Dad seem alright? I hope he is, just for your sake. Have you opened your gifts yet? I have. I only got a few things, but they're all super wonderful. I'm sorry I'm writing so abruptly, you probably weren't expecting it. Well anyways, I love you. And, I really do miss you a lot. You've been on my mind non stop ever since we parted ways at the platform. I love you. Happy Christmas.

— N.L
P.S. You don't have to write me back. Just tap your bracelet so I know that you actually got the letter.

Sofia chuckled as she read the letter. It made her heart warm up knowing that Neville was thinking about her as much as he said he was.

She walked over to her bedside table, and picked up her wand. She tapped her bracelet twice, and it seemed to warm up on her hand not even a few moments later. She smiled to herself, thinking of Neville's face.

Sofia decided that she should make it known to her Mom that she was awake.

She threw a pair of sweatpants on, considering that her apartment was so warm that she had to sleep without pants on. Sofia then walked out into the living room, finding her Dad watching a Christmas movie.

"Mornin', Sof! Merry Christmas!" Her Dad greeted her, with a smile on his face. Sofia noticed that he looked pale, and that he had a tissue in his hand. He looked a bit sickly. She was used to this by now, but it upset her considering it was Christmas.

"Morning... are you okay? You look pale."

Her Father chuckled, "I'm alright, sweetheart. Just woke up with a Christmas cold, that's all..." he smiled at the girl, giving her a sense of reassurance.

Her mother than walked in, with two mugs in her hand.

"Morning! Coffee, anyone?"

Sofia quickly nodded her head, needing a caffeine boost to wake her up fully. Her Mother handed the warm glass over to her, and she sipped the coffee right away. The liquid ran down her throat, scorching her tongue a bit.