Chapter Ten.

Sofia's eyes fluttered open, and through the blurriness she looked around the familiar dorm. She rubbed her eyes, and a long yawn escaped from her mouth. She looked over at each of her dorm mates to see them all still fast asleep. Sofia noticed the way Lily's arm hung over the side of the bed as she slept. She seemed to be the type of sleeper who was moved around constantly.

Sofia decided to get up and smoke a cigarette. She grabbed a cigarette once again from the box hidden away in her closet, and casted the flame charm.

She opened the window, and the light breeze hit her face. She was warm to the touch, so the wind felt ethereal.

As a few minutes went by of sitting at the window, observing the peacefulness of the nature that stood right outside her window, she heard shuffling from the right side of the room. She looked over to see Hermione getting out of bed.

"Mornin'." Sofia spoke softly, grabbing Hermione's attention.

"Good morning..."

Hermione started to brush her hair out and braid it to the style she desired.

Sofia put her cigarette out, and closed the window. She casted the same lavender charm she had casted the night before, and flowery scent filled Hermione's senses.

"That smells wonderful..."

Sofia smiled at the girl who was doing her hair. She as well started to pick out her clothes for the day. She then realized she had forgotten two things.

She was supposed to meet Neville in the library today, plus, she needed to write back to her Mom.

"Do you have any plans for today?" Hermione asked suddenly. Sofia nodded as she slowly took her pajama top off.

"Studying with Neville."

Hermione turned around and smirked at Sofia.

"Every time I see you, you're with him. Besides, of course, when you're in here. Do you fancy him?"

Sofia scoffed at the girl's question.

"No! Of course not... he's just sweet. And, he's helped me a lot since I've gotten here."

Hermione sighed dramatically, continuing to braid her hair. "Neville is sweet. One of sweetest boys I've met in this school."

"Well what about you and Ron?"

Hermione stopped braiding her hair, and looked at Sofia in the reflection of her mirror. "What about us?"

Sofia shrugged, "I don't know. You guys just seem... close."

"Well, we are close. But, we've been friends since Year 1. So, he's like a brother to me I suppose..."

Hermione's response seemed force, like that's not what she actually wanted to say.

For a little while, the two were silent as they both finished getting ready. Hermione at some point looked as if she was in some rush.

She went to open the door, but Sofia stopped her.

"Hey, I know you're in a hurry but would you happen to have any extra paper?"

Hermione's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Do you mean parchment?"

"Oh... yeah—that."

Hermione giggled and nodded, "It's in my bottom drawer over there next to my bed. Don't go snooping around now, just—" Hermione paused and looked at Sofia. Hermione felt bad. Sofia never came off to her as someone who would pry into other people's business or personal belongings. "Get what you need."