Flamel, Slytherins, Dragons, and 'Rats'

Mulai dari awal

"There is no need to tell me I'm not brave enough to be in Gryffindor, Malfoys did that," He choked out.

Harry handed him a chocolate frog he'd kept for later. Neville looked like he was about to cry.

You're worth twelve of Malfoy," Harry said. " The sorting hat chose you for Gryffindor, didn't it? And where's Malfoy? In stinking Slytherin."

Neville's lips twitched into a weak smile. " Thanks, Harry, I think I'll go to bed, D'you want to card, you collect them don't you?"

Neville handed the card to Harry as he walked by.

" Dumbledore again," he said, "He was the first one I ever-"

Harry gasped. He stared at the back of the card. More the inscription that was written there.

" I've found him!" He whispers shouted. " I've found Flamel! I told you I'd read the name somewhere before, I read it on the train coming here. Listen to this: ' Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon/s blood and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicholas Flamel!'"

Hermione jumped to her feet. Everyone stared at her. Most of them, the demigods, in particular, weren't Hermione's biggest fans but she seemed to have something that would help them all.

"Wait here!" She said as she sprinted up the stairs to the girls' dormitories. They didn't even have time to take a breath before she dashed downstairs with a big brown book in her hands.

" I never thought to look in here," she whispered excitedly. " I got this out of the library weeks ago for a bit of light reading."

" Light?" Percy questioned. She glared at him and shushed everyone before opening the book and looking for a specific page.

"I knew it, I knew it!"

"Are we allowed to speak yet?" Percy grumbled. Not likely her attitude towards him.

" Nicholas Flamel," she whispered dramatically, " is the only known maker of the Sorcerers Stone!"

This didn't have the effect she'd been looking for.

" The what?" Nico questioned. He was busy expanding the mind link so Will could hear their conversation as well.
" Sorcerers stone Neeks," Will spoke through the link.

"Oh, honestly don't you guys read? Look- read that, there.'

She pushed the book towards Annabeth.

" The ancient study of alchemy is concerned with making the philosophers stone, a legendary substance with astonishing powers. The stone will transform any metal into pure gold. It also produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal.

There have been many reports of the sorcerer's stone over the centuries, but the only Stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, and opera lover. Mr. Flamel, who celebrated his six hundred and sixty-fifth birthday last year, enjoys a quiet life in Devon with his wife, Perenelle( six hundred and fifty-eight.)

" See?" Hermione said as Annabeth finished reading.

"Fluffy must be guarding the stone. I bet Flamel asked Dumbledore to keep it safe for him since their friends and all. That's why he wanted someone to take the stone out of Gringotts.

" A stone that makes gold and stops you from dying!" said Percy. " No wonder someone wants to steal it!"
"Yeah that someone is is Snape! Come on Percy you have to believe something's off with him,"