eight

irl

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

i entered the room for detention and walked over to the teachers desk to hand in my slip.

"it's a bit empty today" i remarked, looking around the unusually bare room.

"considering it's only the second week back I would say there's already too many of you, not to count those who are late or aren't planning on turning up" Mrs Poole snapped back.

i nodded my head and slowly took my seat on the back row, not wanting to agitate her any longer.

i pulled out my book and began reading quietly till around 5 minutes into the detention when i was disrupted by the door swinging open.

"you're late Mr Orlando" Mrs Poole hummed but without any shock in her tone. this wasn't really a surprise for any of us, since every week Johnny would turn up late.

detention was actually where my initial attraction to him began. of course before then I thought he was good looking but after observing him for longer than i'd like to admit, i became bewitched with all his mannerisms. even down to the small details like how he would constantly fix his hair or how he played with his rings.

we'd never spoke during detention though since he always sat in the middle row right in the centre whereas i much preferred the comfort of the back row corner where no one would look.

except today was different. once Johnny handed in his slip he walked straight past his usual seat and towards the back row.

i looked back at my book, hoping he wouldn't try interact with me after what happened in gym class.

"hey Kenz" Johnny whispered while sliding into the seat beside me. even just hearing him refer to me by nickname sent butterflies to my stomach, but i tried to compose myself.

i let out a deep sigh before turning towards him, "hey" i smiled.

" i thought you were one of the good kids, what are you doing in here?" he teased.

" are you serious? i'm in here pretty much every week" i laughed however i felt a tinge of hurt by the fact he had never even noticed me.

"nah, there's no way! i would have definitely spotted a pretty girl like you" he flirted, causing me to shake my head.

before i could respond Mrs Poole interjected, "Mr Orlando and Miss Ziegler, will i have to be administering you another detention?" she exclaimed from the front of the class.

i dropped my head in embarrassment and Johnny lifted his hands up jokingly in defence. i was honestly grateful she interrupted because after Johnny's compliment i couldn't stop my blushing.

i pulled my book back up to my face to try hide my  rosey cheeks although the feeling of Johnny's eyes burning into me made it hard to focus.

i eventually gained the courage to peer over to where he sat with a smirk. our eyes met and i could feel myself instantly melting from his gaze.

the stares were broken by Johnny leaning in and whispering "do you want to go for food after this?"

i sat perplexed for a second but quickly gathered my thoughts and beamed a smile, "yea that would be super cool."

i mentally scolded myself. super cool? is that the best you can do Kenzie?

nevertheless Johnny didn't seem phased by my response, most likely because not a single girl had ever rejected him including me.

once detention was over Johnny waited for me to grab my things and we walked out together.

"so where do you want to go?" Johnny asked as we walked over to the parking lot. " I don't mind, you can choose" i replied, following behind him to his car.

"ok fine, but you have to pick next time" he jokingly huffed.

"there's a next time?" i smirked. this time he was going red, a sight i didn't think i would ever see.

we were both interrupted by a honk, " KENZIE!" i heard a familiar voice shout over. I turned to see my sister sat in her car.

"shit" i uttered, realising how i forgot to tell her i didn't needed a lift home any more. "who's that?" Johnny queried before Maddie honked again.

"it's my sister, I'm really sorry i forgot she was taking me home" i apologised.

"it's alright, we've always got next time remember" Johnny grinned. i let out a laugh before waving him off and walking up to Maddie's car.

"you are such a cock block!" i groaned, making her laugh.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒
vote and comment <3