He just grins. "What? If he fights, I hope he's at least good at it." He slaps Alexander's back. "I hope you're at least making me proud out there, son."

Alexander rolls his eyes, but grins too. "Yeah, dad. I can throw a mean punch, don't worry."

I just sigh to myself. Men. "Come on in. Rosanna will prepare you something to eat."

"We ate at home, mum," Alex mutters, carrying our overnight bag with him.

"You must be hungry from the ride here."

Alexander shoots me a look and I have to press my lips together so I don't burst out laughing. Alexander sits in the dining room, but I go to the kitchen to greet Rosanna. I hear Rosalyn from the dining room, saying to Alex, "Your hair's getting quite long. When was the last time you went to a hairdresser?"

And then Alexander's exasperated response, "Mum! I am not five!"

I have to chuckle at that because Rosalyn babying Alexander is the funniest thing you can ever see and hear. The tough Alexander Holt, the bad boy, being babied by his mother. I should record this and hold it against him.

"Gabby!" Rosanna exclaims when she sees me. "You two are here already."

"Yep," I say. "Just wanted to come to say hi to you."

"Of course," she says. "What would you two like to eat? You must be hungry."

I shake my head. "We're really not. We ate at home. But I would die for some cocoa." I give her a charming smile.

She smiles back at me. "Of course. Go sit. And take this to Alexander, in case he wants to eat something."

I chuckle when she pushes a tray of fruit in my hands. "Sure." I wink at her and walk out to the dining room, putting the tray in front of Alexander. "Here, baby. Eat something, I'm sure you're tired." I push my hands through his hair and he glares at me.

"What is this? Torture Alexander kind of day? I didn't come here for this sh–" he stops himself from cursing when Amelia suddenly bursts into the kitchen and literally screams "You're here!"

She runs towards us and launches at both of us, wrapping her arms around both. My heart swells with happiness. "Hi! Did you miss us?" I ask her teasingly.

"Yes! A lot!" she says excitedly.

"Lena isn't here today. We gave her a free day and she went to the city before breakfast," Rosalyn explains.

"And Clara?" Alexander asks.

"She was with Alfred and Amelia. Did your father went to get her?" Rosalyn asks Amelia.

"Yep. He'll bring her down after he changes her nappy." She scrunches her nose.

"Why aren't you helping him?" Alexander asks with an evil glint in his eyes.

"Ew," she says. "Why aren't you? You're older. And if you want to have your own children, you'll have to know how to do that."

I put my hand over my mouth because I can't hold back my laughter. The look on Alexander's face ... oh, dear. I know it's a mean thing to do and I know he said he doesn't want his own children, but watching him squirm is priceless. I love my boyfriend to death, but, sometimes, it's nice to see him under a little pressure. Especially when it's his family that puts him in an awkward position.

"Amelia, darling," Rosalyn says. "Alexander and Gabrielle still have time to learn all of that."

"Plenty of time," Alexander agrees, popping a grape into his mouth and avoiding his mother's look.