35

"Isabella, what the hell are you doing running around at 5 am?" Hunter hissed 

"Sorry" she muttered looking down at the floor in shame, in the excitement she had momentarily forgotten that this wasn't just a game, this was her life but also the life of Hunter, Gabriella and Grayson.

"Just come back to bed will you" Hunter sighed holding his hand out to pull her up "I was worried, you can't just sneak off, not when we don't know where my mother and father are"

Isabella's eyes shot up with accusing eyes "What do you mean, you don't know where they are?"

"Exactly what I said Isabella, off the grid, lost, gone, nowhere to be found," Hunter says angrily

"You're concerned they're going to hurt me?" Isabella asks with a sympathetic look in her eyes which made Hunter look away as to not get distracted 

"Well yes, of course, we have no idea what my father is capable of and when you just disappear in the middle of the night, I can't keep you safe" Hunter explains hoping that he has gotten his message across.

"I'm sorry" Isabella replies once again feeling guilty for what she was doing behind Hunter's back

-

Later that day, Isabella was getting ready to go to her appointment with the doctor, apart from tiredness she was feeling much better and felt these daily appointments were not only taking up the doctors time unnecessarily but it was taking them away from those who truly needed them.

"Are you staying here with the twins?" Isabella asks looking at Hunter who was sat on the bed with Gabriella in one arm, writing slowly with his free hand

"Yes, I'll work here today" he mutters not looking up, Isabella knew she still wasn't truly forgiven for the fright she had given him this morning which made her feel there was more to his fears but she did not pry.

"I shouldn't be too long then" Isabella smiles, she reaches over and places a kiss on Gabriella's head and on Hunter's lips making sure to kiss a sleeping Grayson on the head in his cot before leaving.

Isabella had good intentions, she started walking to the hospital wing but she somehow found herself going in the direction of the office, she couldn't help it, the hours since going back to the bedroom with Hunter had dragged by slowly, Isabella was sure time had slowed down just to spite her.

Soon, Isabella was stood outside of the office, she reached out for the handle and then pulled her hand away again, she looked around her to see if anyone was walking by and since there wasn't she quickly opened the door and slipped inside. The oaky smell of the office that usually comforted Isabella now made her feel nauseous but she pushed the feelings aside and walked towards the picture hanging on the wall, she pulled on the side of the frame and it swung back to reveal the keypad.

Pausing for a second Isabella wondered if she was being silly for thinking this code would be the right one but if this was wrong Isabella would be lost, she had no idea where she could next turn to try and find out what it was going to be, even Catherine, his mate, one of the people closest to him didn't know.

Reaching out Isabella punched in the numbers... the numbers of her date of birth. Dominic had said it himself, it was the best day of his life as he had believed this would give him all the answers and power he so desperately desired.

Waiting to see if the light would go red or green seemed to last forever when really it could have only have been a matter of seconds and Isabella could've cried with relief when the light turned green and the door swung open moments later.

There was only one thing in the safe, it was a roomy safe and yet the key was the only thing to be found, Isabella couldn't help but feel like the key somehow reminded her of her necklace, it was so intricate and beautiful and yet held darkness to it which was different to the necklace. Isabella guessed this to be due to the similarities to the two witch sisters who had made both items, so similar and yet completely different.