33

The last time Isabella had seen this many people all in one place was the day or hers and Hunter's wedding day, it was the most perfect time and she would always remember it with fond memories. On that day it seemed as though the only other person in the room was Hunter, despite her initial nerves, Isabella could only see Hunter, he was who she wanted and needed, anybody else was not important.

This was different and Isabella wasn't the key person of all the attention, it was the two squirming, red-faced babies with Grayson in Isabella's arms and Gabriella in Hunter's arms, she was totally going to be a daddies girl.

"Breathe" Hunter whispers as the ceremony holder makes a speech to the people who had come from all over the world to welcome these two tiny babies. Isabella had seemed to stop listening to what was being said minutes ago just focusing on Grayson so that she didn't need to look up at the sea of eyes watching her every move.

Isabella felt that this ceremony was somewhat pointless, there was nothing that special just some guy she barely even knew making a speech, everyone bowed and spoke of their allegiance to the new Prince and Princess, had a huge party and left again. The one traditional thing that took place was two candles were lit with the children's names engraved along the wooden staff that the candles sat on. Despite her thoughts, this was completely harmless and Isabella certainly wasn't going to say it couldn't happen and everybody did deserve to have an insight into the children who will one day be in charge. 

-

Once the ceremony is done and the party is commenced, Isabella and Hunter now have to spend their time wandering around the party speaking to a number of people who Isabella had never even met before but they were completely enthralled by here, sometimes she needed to remember that she was, in fact, Queen even though she rarely felt it.

During a particularly long and boring conversation about pack lines that Isabella had no part in -Hunter being the great King was totally engaged - Isabella noticed Catherine out the corner of her eye, she was stood by a door not even fully in the room. Isabella sighed slightly too loud, she knew what she had to do but she hadn't realised that now everybody in the circle that had been chatting was now looking at their Queen wondering why she had been so rude to make a sign of boredom at them.

"Oh. I am so sorry, being a new mum you know, just very tired" Isabella blushed "I need some air - Please, Hunter, keep chatting to our guests"

Isabella waved off Hunter's attempts to follow her but she felt his eyes burning into her back the whole time as she made her way through the room and out the door that Catherine must have been behind, she didn't even see her leave but she guessed that Hunter would look where Isabella was going and didn't want to be caught.

As she left the door, Catherine was nowhere to be found and Isabella even thought for a moment that she was going crazy wondering whether she had even really seen her. After a couple of seconds, she shakes her head for being so stupid, she knew fine well where Catherine would be.

It doesn't take too long to get to Hunter's office and sure enough Catherine is in the room sat in Hunter's large chair, she just looks completely silly in that huge chair that fits Hunter and his muscles perfectly.

"I always wondered what it felt to sit in this chair, Dominic always had a look of power and control when he was here but really it was all just a show. This chair doesn't do anything" Catherine mutters picking a hair off of her clothes

Isabella stared at the older women in confusion, what on earth was she doing?

"I know what you want me to do so you need to leave, I won't have long before Hunter comes looking for me and I know you don't want him to know you have been here" Isabella demands opening the door wider.

"Yes" is all Catherine replies, Isabella can't help but notice how broken Catherine looks. This isn't the women she once was, she looks like she is unravelling and this scares Isabella, she still isn't completely sure who's side she is on, is this all going to be a trap or was the demise of Catherine purely down to the deceit to her mate, Isabella knew first hand how horrible it made you feel.

"It's that one over there"

Catherine points at a picture of Dominic on the wall and wondered why Hunter never took it down, deep down he always wanted the approval of his father and couldn't even bring himself to take his picture down. Isabella's heart hurt at the thought of the young boy running around the corridors wishing he was good enough but his father clearly had other issues on his mind that he deemed more important. Catherine leaves and Isabella instantly walks up to picture, she knows she doesn't have long.

Isabella had looked and looked over the piece of paper with the codes on so many times that she doesn't even need it anymore.

Catherine's birthdate? Definitely not

Hunter's Birthdate? Maybe.... Nope didn't work

His own birthdate? Nope

Isabella tries the other codes which she had no idea the meaning of but Catherine clearly felt they held importance but not enough as none of them work. As predicted soon Isabella smells Hunter's scent, this is definitely a perk to being a werewolf when trying to sneak around. Isabella managed to close the swinging picture shut to cover the safe before Hunter walks into the room

"Bella?" Hunter says in a questioning tone, he isn't angry to find her in his office, this is her space too but just confused as to why she would flee the party and find her way here

"Sorry, just feeling somewhat overwhelmed" Isabella lies, this was becoming too easy because she did it far too often and it made her feel terrible

"We can send everyone home" he shrugs as if it is nothing

"I don't think we can" Isabella giggles 

"We're the King and Queen, we can do whatever we want" he sticks his tongue out playfully

"No come on, let's join the party" she smiles unconvincingly, Hunter takes a moment to look at her face trying to think of what is clearly plaguing her but decides to drop it, he knows that she isn't in the headspace to tell him and pushing her will only make it worse.