8th February 2015

So my friend told me I should try this, write about my life to get out all my emotions and what not. And I mean we both agreed my life’s basically a YA novel anyway, so I thought I’d try it. Obviously I’m going to change the names of everyone and everything for privacy purposes, but here goes.

I thought I’d start with my most recent — problem shall I call it? — sure, problem. Let’s call him, Travis. Travis is well, a nerd, but a gosh darn good looking nerd. Yet at my school, so many nerds are — except Peter, but thats another story. So Travis is a nerd, which is great because let’s be real, nerds make great boyfriends, I know it, you know it and well if you don’t you do now, and don’t forget it. 

The only thing is, at my school the nerds are some what secluded, they don’t really like befriending people, which makes them hard to get close to, though I’ve managed it — sort of — with one of the girls in the group, Rachel. Though even Rachel is distant half the time, like she doesn’t seem like she wants to talk to me half the time, but I’m starting to think she’s like that with everything.

Anyway, back to Travis. Recently —three days ago really — I was bored on my two hour train ride — I’m sure I’ll explain that later — and I thought it might be a great idea to send him some anonymous question on this thing everyone seems to be obsessed with these days called ‘Ask.fm’. Let me tell you it was not. Sure they started out fine :

Do you have a valentine?” 

To which he replied:

Harry and Lana” Which happen to be two of his best friend and I swear to god Harry and Lana are secretly dating.

Then they started to escalate a little more:

Do you want a girlfriend all to yourself?”

“Nope”

“Why not?”

“I just don’t. shit at commitment and all that jazz”

“So even when you have a crush on a girl you don’t go after because you know it wont work out?”  I was on a train don’t judge my not making sense.

Eh, something like that”

“Do you have a crush on anyone?”

“No I don’t think so”

What if a girl chased after you? Would you just push her away?”

“Is that a metaphor or literally?”  look at this adorable nerd gosh.

“Metaphorically! Hahah”  don’t you dare judge my “Hahah” I’m a cool kid and you’re not.

Eh I don’t know depends who the girl is”

Those I suppose were pretty alright, but then there was this one:

Well how would  girl go about getting your attention?”

“If they are in danger of dying, screaming and flailing would do the trick. A for the other part, if you can smuggle alcohol and a large plush toy is your vagina I’ll be yours forever <3”  I mean why is it illegal to kidnap people? And why aren’t love potions a thing?

But hey, if you thought that one was bad, wait for this next lot. 

I want you wrapped in my arms.. Like a burrito.. Be my baeritto?”

“I will be anyone’s baeritto in exchange for food”

“I have much food”

“Then you’ll have much of me”

“I wish it were that east tbh”

“It really is that easy, as long as I know you decently well and vice versa, you invite me over, feed me and you've got yourself a baeritto”

“Might just have to work on that then ;)”

“Damn here I was thinking I knew you and was about to get free food, looks like I’ll have to wait”

Now honestly, I should have left it at here. This would have been fine. I could have subtly worked on it, all would have been good. But of course I didn’t, I mean this is me we’re talking about.

Well it’s not that you don’t know me. We’ve just never had a full proper conversation”

“What do I think of you?”

“That I really don’t know unfortunately”

“You should probably inbox me but I’m guessing you won’t. You seem pretty chill”

Take a guess on what I did. In my defence it was an hour later. We had a boring, awkward conversation in which he just stopped replying, I’ll spare you the details, but key points include:

Did you send baeritto? That was good

I did.

Boring awkwardness

I have to ask what do you think of me?

I barely know you, but it’s common knowledge you friend zoned your ex whilst being in a relationship with him

that was complicated but at least its not a bad opinion, i can change that

he basically stopped replying.

Oh, one thing you should know, I work at a childcare centre — lets call that Taking Care of Children, for lack of imagination — and guess who happens to attend Taking Care of Children —TCC for short — ? If you guessed Travis, what is wrong with you? No, he’s 16 I think he’s able to take care of himself. But if you guessed Travis’s gorgeous, adorable, little sister, then pat yourself on the back. Rose is literally my favourite child at the centre, and it’s not because Travis, I swear! Honestly though, she likes me just as much as I like her. Every time I’m there, even if I’m not working — Again, later — she runs up to me, excited and asking me “cuddles” which is basically to pick her up. She even proposed to me. We’re getting married when ‘she gets big’. 

Anyway, sometime Rose and I get on the topic of Travis and to be completely honest, I’m pretty sure we’re her OTP — if you don’t know what that means, first punish yourself you horrible human, then go find out. 

But to sum that all up, Travis is gosh darn adorable, almost as adorable as Rose, but only one of them actually likes me and lets be honest, it’s the wrong one.