She didn't look scared,instead she kept staring at me in indifference.

"I know...I know that you are in the Mafia and stuf-"

I lifted my hand,making her go silent.
Her blue eyes deep as ocean.

"I am not in the Mafia belle..I am the Mafia,if you have any problems with that,there is the door"

She pressed her own elbows on the table, moving her face closer
Surprising me with her bravery.

"You work is none of my concern till you don't get hurt or you know...I am not threatened in any sense"

"You won't"

And she nodded,assures of my answer.
She was more brave then she looked,mom had sure found me a tough one who could survive my battles with me.

Unlike her who was so different than her and the rest.

No, don't think about her.
She is gone , forever.

"If things are settled then I will agree to your mom's proposal .What do you say?'

I sighed,deciding to be truthful with her.

"See Shelly my mom is being very persistent for considering this when I didn't wanted this initially. "

She nodded at this and I continued

"You must be aware of my past..after that I never thought I will see or let alone consider anyone."

Her eyes lowered,as she realised what I was going to say,but I surprised her.

Maybe mom was right this time, it's not like every girl will be like her.
That they will betray my trust.
I am just 27,I still have my entire life in front of me.

"But meeting you and talking to you..well you seem nice and understanding.
Let me be honest Shelly,I don't promise anything..sometimes even I don't know what I want ."

She surprised me with her honest reply,melting my heart along .

"I know it's very difficult to move on..but sometimes letting go is the only thing we could do.Holding onto the memories only hurts one."

She has also felt it,I could see it .
She had been heartbroken before by someone just like I was.

"Who was it?"

I asked politely,making her eyes to widen.
Covering her surprise with a smile she replied with nothing except sadness.

"No one that holds importance in my life anymore. Just a mistake one does when one is young and gullible"

I remained silent,not forcing her for answers.
I would hate to make her uncomfortable for something that will hurt her more.

"I don't know why but I feel like you are just like me in more ways than I can relate. "

"We can start with knowing each other Vincenzo,there is no pressure to agree to this right now"

She was right,this could do.
I thought for few minutes and came out with an idea.

"That will be great. Why don't you shift to my place? Mom will love your company and we can know each other better in next few months."

She got lost in her thoughts,thinking about my suggestion.
And then she nodded lifting up her glass of champagne.

I smiled and did cheers with her.
Marking a new beginning with this blue eyes beauty in front of me.

..................................................