Alive and Well

Alive and Well

Clarke couldn't believe her own eyes. He was alive. Bellamy was alive. A huge weight was lifted from her shoulders, one that hadn't stopped torturing her for the past week, ever since she said those 3 words to him; "You should go." She had regretted them as soon as they left her mouth, but she was convinced it was the right thing to do at the time. She couldn't let all her friends die just because she was too selfish to let Bellamy go. As much as it hurt her to see him leave to Mount Weather, she trusted him with her own life and with the lives of everyone else. He had proven himself worthy of that trust. But as the time passed and no news arrived from him, she started to doubt he had succeeded, that he was alive.

So after Lexa had ordered their army to attack Mount Weather and they had succeeded in taking them down, Clarke found Bellamy and released the breath she had been holding since the beginning.

He was alive. She was so relieved. Aside from some cuts and bruises, he appeared to be fine. Clarke rushed to him, opened the cage door and unbounded his hands, letting the red marks in his wrists show. She shuddered at the sight. It was all her fault.

Bellamy knelt on the floor and breathed a sigh of relief. "Princess," he said, his voice hoarse, like he'd spent days screaming. That thought made Clarke's heart clench.

"I'm sorry." She pleaded, kneeling in front of him and taking him in her arms, comforting him. "I am so sorry, Bellamy." Clarke couldn't hold back the tears anymore and she didn't care if that made her look weak, because Bellamy was finally in her arms.

"It's okay, I'm fine." Bellamy whispered. When Clarke kept shaking her head, he placed both his hands in her face, making her look him in the eyes. "Clarke, I mean it. It's okay, you did what you had to do."

Tears continued to fall down her cheeks. "But we could've found a different way, one that didn't involve you getting hurt." Her voice broke in that last word. "I didn't mean what I said, Bellamy. It wasn't worth the risk. I was just so convinced that love was weakness..." She was trembling and Bellamy was itching to take her guilt away. "But now I realize," she continued. "Love isn't weakness. It's strength. It was the fact that I care about you so much that gave me the strength I needed to take down Mount Weather and save our people." She stopped, swallowing. "Save you."

Something flashed in Bellamy's eyes and in seconds his lips were on hers. And it was heavenly.

His strong arms held her as their tongues fought for dominance. Her hands were tangled in his hair and pulling him in for more, she was desperate to feel his touch.

Clarke was breathless when they finally pulled away. "What does this mean?"

Bellamy grinned, his eyes shining, and Clarke couldn't help thinking that Bellamy Blake's smile was something she needed to see more often. Pushing a strand of blonde hair out of her face he said, "It can mean whatever the hell you want, Princess. But for the record, I care about you too."

At this, Clarke finally allowed herself to smile and tenderly reconnected their lips.