Chapter 13 - Quidditch disturbance

Start from the beginning

The girl gave him an innocent smile.

"This is the best team Gryffindor's had in years. We're going to win. I know it." He glared at them. "Right. It's time. Good luck, all of you."

Fred and George followed Betelgeuse out of the tent, between them stood a worried Harry. "Nervous, Potter?" She asked out of the blue, without turning to the boy.

"A little," Harry admitted.

"You should be," Betelgeuse said, now turning with a broad smile to the first-year. She saw his eyes widen and his grip on the broom handle tighten. Then, as it came, her smile vanished, replaced by a solemn look. "Remember what I said, Potter." She mounted her broom and zoomed out onto the enormous pitch as students cheered from the stands.

She sped around the pitch, relinquishing in the adrenaline rush she always experienced before a game. She was quickly flanked by the twins, as they heard Lee address the crowd. 

"Hello! And Welcome to Hogwarts' first Quidditch game of the season! Today's game Slytherin versus Gryffindor!"

Betelgeuse could imagine Professor McGonagall watching him like a hawk.

They soon took their positions in the air in a circle. Betelgeuse was in the middle of Katie and Angelina. The Black girl turned her head up, meeting the green eyes of Harry. She nodded to him, then turned her attention to Madam Hooch. "Now, I want a nice clean game," she looked around, fixing her yellow eyes on Flint, the Slytherin Captain, "from all of you!" She gave a loud blast on her silver whistle, before releasing the Quaffle in the air.

"The Quaffle is released, and the game begins!" Lee shouted in the microphone. Betelgeuse dived in the scrum of players, retrieving the Quaffle nimbly.

"Nice snatch of the Quaffle by Gryffindor Chaser Betelgeuse Black!" She heard Lee yell as she zoomed across the pitch. She passed to Katie, who threw the Quaffle back in time for Betelgeuse to shoot it into the highest hoop.

"BETELGEUSE BLACK SCORES! Ten points to Gryffindor. Fantastic player she is, and she was my fake girlfriend for five minutes, much to the dismay of our beater Fred Weasley. Welp! Let me go back to the game if you don't want to witness my murder at the hands of Professor McGonagall."

The Slytherin chaser Adrian Pucey stole the ball from Katie's grasp. As he passed it to Montague, the latter shoved Katie off towards the drapes of one of the towers. Betelgeuse fixed the smirking Montague with an icy glare, mouthing 'you are dead'; he gulped as she knocked the Quaffle from his hands and passed it to Angelina.

"Angelina Johnson scores! Ten points for Gryffindor. What a woman she is, and rather —"

"JORDAN!" Professor McGonagall reprimanded.

"Sorry, Professor! And she is really belting along there, a neat pass to Katie Bell, a good find of Oliver Wood this year, — back to Johnson and — no, Slytherin had taken the Quaffle, Slytherin Captain Marcus Flint gains the Quaffle and off he goes — look at how fast he flies, he is going to sc— no, nice save from Gryffindor keeper Oliver Wood! Gryffindor takes the Quaffle — that's Chaser Katie Bell of Gryffindor there, nice dive around Flint, off up the field and — OUCH — that must have hurt."

Betelgeuse saw a Bludger whack Katie on the back of her head. 

They had decided to play dirty, then. 

She saw Adrian Pucey speed off towards the Gryffindor hoops before being blocked by a Bludger sent his way by George.

Angelina took the Quaffle racing through the Quidditch pitch, Betelgeuse flanked her waiting for the girl to pass it. Angelina noticed the Black and feigned to throw the Quaffle, instead she sped ahead and scored.