chapter III

"Next I want the last girls up; Madeleine, Amelia, Florence and Taylor!" Lily shouted next to Madam. They had all been watching everyone, Florence had noted every single whisper that had been shared between the two. Madam kept expressionless as Lily smiled a few times as everyone preformed.

"Make sure they're not going to forget you!" Rita said to her and she nodded before walking towards the stage. She wore her simple attire and blended in perfectly with the rest on the stage. The lights was bright, her pale skin almost glistening. She stood second to the right between Amelia and Taylor. 

"You won't be long here." Amelia said with a big face smile on her face seconds before the music started. Florence recognized the song from earlier and she started to move with the others. She kept her focus on herself, yet still making sure the rest was following the beat of the music. Florence almost felt as if her heart moved in sync with the beat of the song. Her hips moving seductively to the heavy beating. 

Florence bit her lip, looking at the audience and her eyes moved to the bartender who watched her intently. Their eyes glued to each other and he smirked as his teeth sank down his pink plump bottom lip. Florence moved her eyes to Lily and Madam. She believed to see something sparking in Madams eyes.

"Whore!" She heard Amelia spit under her breath. Florence noticed how Amelia tired to take the attention she was given. Her movements way to over the top.

"Cut!" Lily shouted as the music got quiet. She clapped her hands and Florence and the rest of the girls nodded. Florence looked at Rita who was on her feet clapping her hands and smiled at her. Florence couldn't help but to contain her smile. A rush of happiness and adrenaline spread through her body. "Take a seat!" Lily continued and everyone got onto their seats.

"Madam." Lily spoke and Madam stood up with a light smile formed on her lips.

"It's been a pleasure to see you today! Some have a few things to work on and some have preformed over my expectations yet Lily has assured me that everyone will be spot on this Friday!" Madam said and everyone started to gossip.

"We are having our grand opening this Friday and you will be preforming!" Madam said and cheers erupted the room.

"Yes, tomorrow at eight sharp you will be back here and meet some of the other ladies plus you will be handed you routine for the opening! A schedule will be handed out of which time you will be preforming, who knows maybe you will be on the opening act." Lily said and Florence looked at Rita with wide eyes and an equally big smile. "This is the biggest event of the year!" She added.

"Many well known people, and exclusive customers will be here!" Madam said. "Which means everything must be perfect!"

-

Miles away from the pulsating city of London, a different plus was kept Small Heath running. In the betting shop owned by the only Shelby brothers had men running in and out, betting on horses before it was too late. 

All the Shelby's were working, the only sister Ada kept on helping the men out in the shop as did her aunt Polly. The younger brother John sat with the numbers in his office, the eldest brother Arthur yelled at some men out by the others, his voice booming through the shop. Thomas Shelby the middle one sat in his office, looking through letters.

"Another letter arrived Mr. Shelby," The sound of Lizze, his new secretary disturbed the sound of the yelling in the shop. "It doesn't say from whom yet there's something drawn in the corner," She continued before handing it over.

"Thank you," Thomas simply said, taking a drag of the white stick between his lips as he inspected the envelope. It was beautifully written. A frown was sneaking onto the skin between his brows as he opened it. 

𝙼𝚛. 𝙰𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚞𝚛 𝚂𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚋𝚢 𝚂𝚒𝚛

𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚋𝚢 𝚒𝚗𝚟𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚛𝚎-𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚏 𝙲𝚕𝚞𝚋 𝚁é𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎. 𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎: 𝟾 𝚙𝚖 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟹𝟷𝚜𝚝 𝟷𝟿𝟸𝟷.

𝚂𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚢, 𝙼.

Thomas sucked in a breath as his eyes wandered over the name, Mr. Arthur Shelby Sir. His fathers name was never mentioned anymore. He dropped the letter carelessly on the table, resting his back against the seat yet his eyes was still glued on the paper. 

"What are you thinking about?" The sound of Poll's voice made him snap back to reality. Thomas only shook his head and soon his other brothers stepped inside.

"Everything taken care of?" Thomas asked Poll and she nodded. As his brothers walked inside Arthurs eyes caught the sight of his father name written on the paper. He quickly snatched it and his eyes moved over the typed letters.

"What the hell is this?" Arthur exclaimed and John stepped beside him to read as well. "Mr. Arthur Shelby Sir you are hereby invited to the grand re opening- grand fucking re-opening!" He raised his voice as he read.

"What?" Polly walked over to them and her eyes roamed over the letter as well. "Club Réverie?" She frowned, looking at Thomas.

"Take a seat," Thomas simply said and before Arthur could say anything else Thomas pointed at the chair. With a huff Arthur obeyed. Thomas let out a sigh, butting out his cigarette.

"Club Rêverie is a rather exquisite club in the middle of London, unspoken gentlemen club yet elite men and women is there to spend money and watch their shows. It's owned by a french woman, Madam Carter. She is the main competition for Sabini in this area." Thomas began. "Apparently they make thousands each year on their shows."

"Shows?" John spoke with a frown as he kept sucking on the toothpick between his lips.

"Burlesque shows," Thomas said yet the young man still had a frown between his brows. Polly raised her brow as she lit a cigarette.

"Sensual dance shows preformed by women," Polly answered and John smiled.

"When are we going?" John asked and earned a slap in the back of his head from Arthur.

"Why the hell would he be invited to one of these burlesque shows?" Arthur snorted. Arthur being the only one in the family that cared about his father, or at least let his mind wander about his father every once in a while. 

"Probably a regular," Polly said under her breath as she exhaled smoke.

"We don't know why for certain even if we might have a clue, the questions is why we've gotten it since he hasn't been here for years." Thomas said and they remained in silence.

"Well?" Polly asked as she raised her brow. "Why don't you go then?" She continued.