The carpeted floors seemed almost alien when walking on them, for you had been so used to traversing the inside of the walls as a servant, you hardly ever needed to use the actual halls. There had no doubt that there were probably maids crawling though the walls at this very moment, glancing at you through the small cracks in hopes to catch some gossip.

The doors to the throne room hadn't changed a bit, golden ore bent and engraved onto the doors to create an enchanting design. The small crystals dotting the door glimmered as Bad opened them, allowing you to see the room void of any life.

"He must be in his chambers overlooking strategies again." Skeppy mumble behind you. It didn't take long to find the door leading to his chambers, and much like the throne rooms entrance, these ones were much the same with gold decorating every inch.

Bad gave a few knocks on the large door, raising his voice to be heard through the thick material. "Your Majesty, I have a visitor that needs to talk to you."

Shuffling was heard from the other side, along with a deafened grunt. "I'm not seeing any visitors at a time like this, you should know this." His voice was strict, but you could hear the exhaustion in his voice. "They can see me after the meeting."

Bad was going to speak again before you stopped him, placing your hand on his shoulder and moving your other to grasp the handle. You sent a nod over your shoulder, confirming that you would be able to handle it from there.

"Good luck (y/n)...." Skeppy whispered, pulling Bad along with him to return to who knows where. A smile of thanks was all you gave in return. Turning back to the door, you took a moment to collect yourself, breathing deeply before entering without permission.

The gesture had startled Technoblade, jumping from his place hunched over the wooden table scattered with faded papers. His face turned to face you immediately, standing up while covering up maps that you assumed had layouts of the Nether. He still wore that bone mask to cover his face, even in what's supposed to be the safest place in the castle.

His scowl instantly faded as his red eyes widened, lips parting in shock. You had almost forgotten how tall he was compared to you, his form casting a shadow on you as he cleared his throat.

"My apologies...I wasn't aware you'd be back so soon (y/n)." He turned his head to look elsewhere in the room, an thin frown playing on his lips.

"It's alright Technoblade, although I wish I came back during a good time." The male looked at you, his ears twitching in question to your wording. "The Wither skeletons, would you assume they're smart enough to find a way to build portals?"

His red eyes flickered, his hand rising up to rub his chin. "There haven't been any cases of such intelligence from them. Why do you ask?"

"Because they're crawling all over the Overworld."

The silence was heavy, like the weight of a new war pressing on both your shoulders. You would fight for your home, to protect those you cared about. Technoblade would do the same, or so you thought. His secret care for his friends was something you knew he would fight for, but you weren't sure if he would fight for a world that mostly disliked the Piglin race.

Technoblade let out a sigh, sitting on a nearby chair, taking off his crown and running a hand through his messy pink hair.