Sparks

Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock..

She glared frantically at her wall clock. It was two thirty five. She had just over an hour to get herself ready for the date.
But she had been going through the contents of her closet for the past fifteen minutes and still had absolutely no idea what to wear.

She was in her dorm room. They had been recording some songs for their new album in the morning but luckily they had been given the rest of the day off.

Maybe she should ask one of her members.

Before she even got the chance to ask both Jennie and Rosé entered her room, carefully stepping over the numerous pieces of clothing on the floor.

She sat down on the carpet and scowled.
She didn't usually spend so much time on what she would wear. It was almost always a spontaneous decision. But today was different.

She explained to her two friends, who sat snickering at her dilemma, that she wanted to look casual but also date appropriate. She wondered out loud what people usually wore to gaming centres.

She actually was a gamer. A very enthusiastic one at that. She wasn't sure if he had known or whether he had just tried his luck when he had bought the tickets. They actually hadn't discussed this topic in their texts to each other. Was he a gamer too? Most probably. She would have to ask him later. The problem was that all her gaming experiences were in her own room in front of her gaming PC.
She rarely went out to play. Too many people recognized her now.

She wondered about that too. How he expected for them to be able to actually play at this public centre. But then she decided to stop worrying. That would be his responsibility.

An hour later she arrived at the gaming centre. She had been given a ride by her sister. She actually had her driver's license but she didn't get to use it much, on account of her label advising against it. An older group under the label had fallen victim to a terrible car crash and since then the company had issued warnings against idols driving themselves.

Her very overprotective manager had immediately offered to drive her when she had revealed the details. But she had been able to convince the older woman to pick her up instead. She had been genuinely afraid that they would be followed around during the entirety of the date on account of her manager uttering the words "I'll keep an eye on that pretty boy". That would undoubtedly be the worst date ever.

She took in her surroundings before leaving the car. There were a few people here and there visiting other shops on the street. But the VR centre seemed to be deserted. At least from the outside. Then she looked closer. It literally had a sign hanging on the door which read CLOSED.
What in the world???

She exchanged a look of utter confusion with her sister, who looked partly amused as well. Suddenly her phone rang, making them both jump.

Taehyung.

He asked her to just open the door and walk in. Bewildered but excited, she repeated the words to her sister and bid her farewell (though her sister insisted on waiting outside till she knew what was going on). 
She pulled on her mask and ran to the door before anyone recognized her, loose black hair flying behind her.

The doors slid open on their own to make room for her entrance. She took a few steps forward and took in the scene before her. The entire floor was divided into sections for different games (she counted twelve) and they were all active and illuminated. She saw a few people walking around wearing the same uniform-like clothes but apart from them, the place was deserted. 

Before she could figure out what was happening, she felt a tap on her shoulder making her spring around in fright.
Taehyung stood there, grinning widely, like a mischievous little kid caught messing around in a toy store.
After she refrained herself from smacking him on the arm, which she gathered would be inappropriate on a first date, she asked him what they were going to do, to which he answered, "anything you want, the place is all yours for today".