chapter two

The next morning, James woke up on a wet pillow. His face was covered in dried tears. He had had a tantrum last night. Those always ended in him crying himself to sleep. He needed a shower badly, but he couldn't open the curtains. Shit. He'd locked the curtains. Why did he have to want to ignore his friends when he needed them? He started searching for his wand so that he could undo the spell. Shiiiittt. He thought where is it? He couldn't find his wand! He looked around, to see a small gap between the side of his bed and the curtain. A wand could easily fall through, but he wouldn't be able to put his hand through. He looked through the gap, and there was his wand. On the ground and unreachable.

James needed to get out of his bed really badly, but he would need his wand to undo the spell, as they hadn't learned how to do wandless spells yet. Maybe he'd be able to accio his wand without a wand if he concentrated really hard.

"Accio wand!" he shouted.

Nothing happened.

"Accio wand!"

"ACCIO WAND!" His wand moved slightly up, but fell immediately. Great.

After a few more tries, with just as much result as the last one, James eventually gave up.

How was he going to get out of this? He looked at his bed. There was a quill in the corner, and his potions book lay open with the pages down. Remus would probably cry seeing in what state the book was. (I would too cuz that is no way to treat a book, James Potter!) There were some ripped out pages of his potions book next to his pillow. Those would probably fit through the gap. Suddenly, James knew how to get his wand back. He took the quill and started carving into one of the ripped out pages of his potions book.

Could someone put my wand through the gap plz? I'm fucking stuck.
~Prongs.

He put the paper through the gap and hoped for the best.

-

After reading his entire potions book out of pure boredom, James' wand stuck through the gap. He took it, and undid the spells.

"Thanks, Padfoot." He said as he saw Sirius standing in front of him. Sirius looked worried of course, as he could clearly see that James had cried, but James ignored his looks and went to the bathroom.

"WAIT DON'T GO IN THERE!" Sirius shouted when James took the doorknob.

"Shut up!" Grumbled Peter from behind his curtains. "I'd rather not wake up at 6 o'clock on a Sunday morning."

"It's 6.30. And Moony is showering."

-

It was almost 7 a.m. when James stepped out of the shower. Remus and Sirius were presumably back in Remus' bed, as the curtains were closed, and Sirius was NOT a morning person. Peter's curtains were closed as well, so James could easily avoid their questions for now. He went downstairs to the Great Hall, to have breakfast early. Not many Gryffindors were morning persons, but James was, so he knew who was often early. From Gryffindor, it was only some first year, him, Lily, and Remus, although that last one nowadays spend his mornings cuddling with the Black family heir. Most of the Ravenclaws're already awake, none of the Hufflepuffs and 10 or ao Slytherins, under whom Regulus Black, Sirius younger brother, and his 'friend' Barty Crouch jr.

Lily was reading a book while eating her cereal, and James took a place in front of her.

"Hey, Lily!" James said. Lily looked up from her book and gave him a shy smile. She closed her book, marking the page where she had left.

"Hey, James! Sorry for, y'know, ..." She started. She looked down at her bowl.

'It's fine, really. I'm happy for you. And I'm glad you trusted us enough to come out to us."

"Oh, well, thank you."