𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

༺⊰-------------------------------------------------⊱༻

CHAPTER ELEVEN,
coronation

❝ we could have been friends ❞

we could have been friends

༺⊰-------------------------------------------------⊱༻

THE THRONE ROOM was currently being decorated accordingly for today's festivities. It was to be announced by Odin the introduction of which son will soon take his place on the Throne of Asgard. Judging by the way the staff within the grand chamber ran through carrying various ornaments and flags to be situated beside the throne Evanora felt to be an obstacle for the workers.

Standing poised her father conversing with the king a few feet from her as they discussed where individuals were to be placed in the announcement for today left her painfully aware of her title. Her family wished for her to remain within the court, considering her various studies and daily outings with the current women of the court it would seem logical for her to continue with this way of life.

She looked up briefly to see her father having casted a cautious eye to her as he always did to which she gave a small nod. Pleased he returned back to the king and Evanora continued to watch on before her wondering what was to change after this.

With the incident of the breaking of the godseye in the palace vault, Evanora found it impossible to be away from the watchful eye of both her father and mother. Seeing how quickly Karnilla was to banish Lena for taking the blame of the incident, it seemed fitting for her parents to want to avoid the same fate as her.

This also stopped Evanora from visiting Midgard in any way that she would've been able to. Considering now on top of avoiding Heimdall she had both her family and more than likely members of the Einherjar to stop her, the excursion felt like a feat she couldn't overcome. She missed her friend even now, doing her best to at least visit with her family when she was able to. Knowing Lena, however, she was certain she found a means of survival even in her banishment.

Noticing her father rejoining her Evanora looked up to the older man and gave a small bow out of respect for the older gentleman to do the same. Taking her father's arm as they exited the hall she looked up to him to possibly give her any hint on who was to be announced king. "Has he told you?"

"He's made me aware." Harokin looked to his daughter awaiting a response and let out a hearty laugh. "I cannot share that with you, it is a privilege to have such information."

"I wouldn't tell."

"Oh you've had me convinced." Tapping the hand that held his arm he continued to direct them through the hallway towards their family's living quarters to reunite with her mother. Realizing they were arriving there with no excuse to leave Evanora was forced to continue on. "Don't think I haven't noticed what you've been doing."