"I don't know. I don't really care, either. What about Miguel? And Robby— what's happening to him? Was anyone else hurt?" she asked, shifting upwards in the bed, winching at the ache she felt all throughout her body. Apparently the several drugs weren't enough to keep her from being in pain. Her voice, however, came out as slurred and weak. Daniel sighed, sharing a look with Amanda and Sam before turning back to Alex.

"Alex, honey, you should really be worried about yourself," Amanda started, her motherly instincts kicking in. "That girl could've done a lot more damage than you realize."

What Amanda was referring to, which Alex didn't know at the time, was that the doctor had told her that Alex was suffering from a pretty bad concussion, which is why she was so out of it— not drugs. The needle in her arm wasn't even for the pain, it was an IV that they were using to keep her energy up so she wouldn't fall back asleep. When she'd passed out in the ambulance, it'd done nothing to help the terrible head injury. Alex shook her head, knowing what the doctor had told her when she'd awakened, "No, it's just a few stitches and my ribs. I'll be fine."

Not much was said after that— Alex being a bit annoyed that even the LaRusso's wouldn't tell her how Miguel and Robby were, while also not feeling like really saying much more. Her mind kept wondering back to memories of her and Miguel— memories that made it feel like she was back and living them.

"I told you not to try and do a pirouette on roller skates. It's hard enough on rollerblades."

"The fact that you can do it on rollerblades just proves that you're absolutely perfect and that there's nothing you can't do."

Alex couldn't help but grin to herself— she remembered that date like it was yesterday. Maybe it was; she wasn't too sure about much at the moment. Not with everything going on. Sure, that night Tory and Sam had gotten into it at the roller rink, but before that Alex and Miguel were having the time of their lives. The LaRusso's left pretty soon after she started zoning out again— leaving her food sitting on the tray in front of her. She didn't eat it— her mind was stuck going through everything that had led her and her boyfriend to this moment.

It seemed like every single memory she had of the boy was flashing through her head.

"The bus comes by here?"
"Uh, not exactly. There's a bus stop about a half a mile up the street. I usually wait there."

"You must be new here, huh? I'm Alex."
"Miguel Diaz. And yeah, I'm new."

"You don't really give off the whole psychopath vibe."

"Oh shut up, my mom loves you more than she loves me."

"Let's just say we're both single now."

"Break-up buddies, huh?"

"I really like you too, Miguel. And that was really adorable."
"Yeah, I was supposed to kiss you after showing you, though."
"You still can, moron,

"We should play soccer."

"You and Sam kissed. Okay."

"You're cute. I'll see you later, at school. First period, right?"
"Yes! First period!"

"Bad timing, I know, but I think I'm in love with you."
"Well I guess it's a good thing that I think I'm in love with you too."

"Miguel!"

She snapped out of her trance, her head snapping up as her hands began trembling. She could hear her heart rate doubling on the monitor above her. How could this have happened? How could things have gone so wrong? How could it be possible that both her boyfriend and her mother were fighting for their lives? Alex began tugging on the edge of the hospital gown, the texture of the material making her frown uncomfortably. She wished she were wearing her own clothes— the fabric of this stupid gown making her grow annoyed and angry for some reason. She felt hot tears burn in her eyes, the monitor beeping faster and faster.