"...Ms. Ramirez, nice to see you awake. I hope your feeling better now. You got quite lucky; the knife wounds barely missed everything important . This could've been a lot worse," she hears the doctor say, bringing her out of her drugged thoughts. "You have a couple of broken ribs and you'll have to be cautious about your stitches, but I assume you'll be able to go home in a few days."

"Okay."

"We had you on an IV because you were seriously low on nutrients. When is the last time you ate?"

"Is Miguel okay?" asked Alex, suddenly coming back to her senses and completely ignoring the doctors question. Reality hit her with a quick reminder that her boyfriend could be dead. "he's not... is he?"

"Your friend is undergoing an intense procedure, but if all goes well he should be fine. Right now, though, you really 'ought to focus on taking care of yourself. Now those stitches will leave scars, which I know will be a difficult reminder of what happened—"

"I'm used to it," Alex cut her off with a small, friendly smile. "My whole body is full of those reminders. What's a few more?"

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

About an hour later, Daniel, Amanda, and Sam LaRusso came into her hospital room to check on her. It was about dinner time, seeing as she'd been asleep a lot longer than she'd thought and was actually quite hungry because she'd slept straight through lunch. And hadn't eaten breakfast, bringing her back to the doctors question. When was the last time she'd eaten? Does the alcohol and chips from the night before count? Anyway, the hospital food tasted like it came out of the sewers and the only thing she was able to eat was the Jello. Thankfully, when the LaRusso's did come, they brought food with them. Sam had been released from the hospital about an hour and a half after she was admitted since she only had a few stitches on her arm.

They had brought take-out from Alex's favorite restaurant— which Alex was extremely grateful for because it's about 45 minutes away from the hospital. The three of then knocked on the open door of Alex's hospital room, making her look up from scowling and picking at at the disgusting green beans with her fork. Her face lighting up in a weak grin as she saw some of her favorite people, waving them in. "Hey, guys."

"Hey Alex," the family chorused. She sounded distant, like she wasn't even fully focused on them being there. Her mind was basically everywhere else, which was understandable at the moment. She saw Anthony sitting on the chair outside of her room as he played on his phone. Figures. Daniel then sat the Japanese food beside the tray on the small bed-table, grinning as he pulled up a chair, "We brought you Koto's. Figured the hospital food was probably really bad."

Alex nodded in confirmation, a distant look staying in her eyes. The doctors had pumped her full of medication, which made her pretty doosy. She still couldn't keep her mind off of two people; her mom and Miguel, who were both still in the hospital. "Thank you. These green beans taste like garbage."

"We stopped by your mom's room on our way here," Amanda spoke up, making Alex perk her head up in interest. Sam noticed how her hands started shaking- making her furrow her eyebrows in concern. She'd saw how easily Alex's hands have started shaking, even over the smallest things. Could her nerves really be that messed up?

"Really?" asked Alex, a hopeful look on her face. Amanda nodded, sending the girl a soft smile. "How is she? Is she getting any better? I've been asking about her and Miguel but the doctors keep telling me to worry about myself. I asked about you too, Sam. They told me you got released. I'm really glad you're okay."

"Yeah, I'm fine," she gave the girl a small grin, "And your mom was asleep when we went by, but the doctor said seemed to be getting better. How about you? How are you doing?"