Chapter 15: Practice Makes Perfect

{A/N: sorry it's been a few days since i last published but here it is. i'm going to start clarifying when it's Charlie's POV and when it's Y/N's. let me know if you have any ideas for upcoming chapters :)}

[YOUR POV]
It had been a week.

A long and grueling week. A week of worried calls from your mom, organizing your apartment, and waiting.

So much fucking waiting.

All you could think about was Charlie and no matter what you did, something always led back to him.

Washing the dishes? Oh I remember how he looked leaning his tall frame against the sink; so sexy.

Doing your makeup? Remember when Charlie called your blush beautiful? You sure did.

You needed him out of your head. This childish attraction had turned into something more. You started to feel for Charlie. That wasn't ideal. You just needed him to say whatever he waa going to say to you already and get it over with.

It was Sunday night which meant tomorrow was your first day of rehearsal. You were plenty nervous. You had always been quite confident in your acting skills but there was always that subconcious thought in the back of your mind that told you you would mess something up. You just needed to focus as best as you could, even with Charlie's eyes on you all day. And how he would be waiting for rehearsal to be over so he could have a"private discussion" in his office with you.

Tucking yourself in to bed, you closed your eyes with a sigh. This was going to be a stressful first day.

   You woke up to the sound of your alarm once again.

Rolling out of bed, you started your mornig routine and saw you had 2 hours to get ready. You needed to make yourself at least fairly presentable for today. First impressions and all.

Putting some coffee on, you got dressed and ready to go. Once you were ready, you grabbed your phone. Checking it you saw a text from your mom:

Mommy Dearest: Good luck today sweetheart!

You smiled down at your phone as you left your apartment. At least you had her support.

   Making your way up the stairs of the theatre, you bit your bottom lip nervously.

The cab ride there had been short unfortunately. Now you had to face the reality of your day.

As you stepped into the carpeted lobby, you saw him.

Charlie.

His hands were wrapped around two coffees, one of which he was drinking out of.
He was talking casually with his stage manager until he noticed you. He smiled casually and his eyes creased at the ends.  You loved his eyes. Deep brown and gentle. Your heart skipped a beat as you walked over to him. Time to pretend like you hadn't wrecked his home 5 days ago.

"Hi Mr. Barber. Stacey." you said cheerfully as you greeted Charlie and the stage manager.

He smiled down at you and held a coffee out.

"Good morning, Ms. Y/LN. I had an extra one and you're the first person here."  He explained away the coffee.

Your finger tips brushed as you grabbed the warm drink. Still with the hypersensitivty to him?

Come on, Y/N.

"I am so excited to start." you said sweetly. "Ive been thinking about it all week." You fiddled with the bottom of your skirt. That wasn't a lie. You had thought about this all week. But not just rehearsal, you had thought about Charlie all week. Touching yourself at night thinking about his hands all over you.