8

"What I mean is...I love you Y/n,"

You were shocked by his words. You never thought he could feel the same for you as you did for him.

"I think I might have been for a while, it just took me some time to realize."

"Izaya...I don't know what to say."

"I do, I love you and I want you to only be mine alone, so go out with me." He stated.

"I love you too Izaya, I have for a really long time now. I'm thrilled right now, so of course, I'll go out with you, and I promise to only be yours." You say teary-eyed.

Izaya leaned down getting closer to your face.

"I hope you'll keep that promise." He says before lightly pushing his lips onto yours.

You've been hoping for this for a long time. You could feel how gentle Izaya was being with you. As much as you hate to admit it, your first kiss was blissful, everything you've always wanted.

Izaya pulled his lips apart from yours before embracing you in a warm hug.

You chuckle.

"What?" Izaya asks.

"I never knew you could be so emotional and such a big softie."

"Yeah well, I'll only let you see this side of me. So don't hold anything back from me either."

"I won't, big softie."

"Shut it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Izaya's confession, not much had changed in both of your daily lives. Though whenever you both felt like it, you would end up flirting with each other in front of Namie. She never really cared much for your affection, but she'd get annoyed every now and then.

"Y/n-chan, you wanna go on a date?" Izaya asks.

"Huh? Are you sure? A date doesn't seem like something you're into." You say.

"Hm...but it sounds pretty interesting thing to do. So why not try it?"

"Alright, then I don't mind."

"You know you two are supposed to be working right? Especially you Izaya since it is your business after all." Namie interrupts.

"My, Namie seems pretty irritable today," Izaya says.

"You know you do irritate people quite easily right?" You say.

"Oh, that's my way of showing that I care."

"Yeah, and you wonder why people don't like you."

"Oh, how you pain me, my love~," Izaya says smirking.

You blush.

"You know what forget about you two working, just leave," Namie says pointing towards the door.

Izaya then grabs your wrist and leads you out the door to the start of your date.

"Did you do that on purpose so we could get out?" You ask.

"Maybe I did, but does it really matter now that we're out," Izaya says as he places his hand in yours.

"I guess not." You say as you intertwine your fingers with his.

You both continued to walk the streets of Ikebukuro, not minding the many stares of the people around you.

"Is that Izaya with a girl and holding hands?" You hear a familiar voice say.