"Tch. You'd better watch your back. Nobody will notice if a Reserve Course halfwit goes missing unexpectedly." She left you with those words as she turned on her heels and marched away. 

  "Seriously? Was that a death threat?" You said your words quietly as you watched her slide shut the classroom door.

  "Yeah, seems like it." Hajime spoke in a tone that left it difficult to discern his reaction. 

  "Geez." You crossed your arms on the desk, staring at the imperfections in the sealed wood. "That makes me really worried. She is a yakuza, after all."

  "I know." His eyes remained on the door that Natsumi exited from.

  "Should we report this? It's worth getting faculty involved."

  "No. Reserve Course teachers have better things to do. They don't get paid enough to bother with our issues." Hajime finally broke his stare, turning his gaze to you. "I'll take care of it on my own. I can keep myself safe." 

  "Are you sure? This is a serious issue." You lifted your head to meet his eyes. 

  "Yes." His face was firm, but his tightly clenched fists demonstrated an otherwise hidden anxiety. 

  "I want to help if I can. I believe in you, but..." 

  "But what? There's no need to worry." Hajime nodded to reaffirm his statement. "Class is going to start soon. You should probably get going." 

  "Damn," you said as you checked the clock on the back wall of the room. "You're right." 

  You gathered up your untouched lunch and rotated your chair back to where it was. "Keep in touch with me, okay? I'm just really worried."

  "I will. I promise."

  "You mean it?" 

  Hajime stared for a few moments, then broke a smile. He laughed lightly and extended his right pinky to you. "Of course I mean it."

  You locked your pinky with his, feeling warmth just from the minimal contact. "I'll hold you to that. See you later." You couldn't help but smile in return and linger in the moment. You finally broke the hold and left the classroom. 

  You arrived in the classroom for Ultimates a few minutes before class started. You decided to truly take action to protect Hajime, starting with talking to your classmates. You spotted the short-tempered and just straight up short yakuza and approached him hurriedly. 

  "Fuyuhiko, I need to talk to you." You stopped at his desk. His pant-clad legs were up on his desk, crossed. His eyes and fingers were focused on his phone and he didn't stop upon hearing you. 

  "Fuyuhiko," You called again.

  "What is it?" 

  "Fuyuhiko, did you know your sister is here? She's in the Reserve Course."

  "The fuck you goin' on about?" He didn't immediately believe you.

  "She is! Natsumi's her name, right? Didn't you know she came here?"

  Your persistence got him to put his phone down. He crossed his arms and glared up at you. "I didn't know. How'd you learn this?"

  "I have lunch with a Reserve Course student. She came up and talked to me today."

  "Is that so?" He tried to seem as disinterested as possible.

  "Listen, Fuyuhiko. Her and my friend got into a little argument and she threatened to get rid of him. She also threatened our classmates. She's dead set on getting into this class with you as an Ultimate."