You sighed. "I don't know."

"Please?"

"But Ace, I . . ." your voice trailed off as you sighed. "All right. I'll come. Do I have to dress formal?"

The guitarist shook his head. You pushed off the blankets and got up to turn off the television. Then you looked at him. "Give me a few minutes."

A smile came upon his face. "I'll be waiting."

You went into your room to change. It took you a bit to pick what to wear but in the end you chose a simple outfit. You splashed some water onto your face, fixed your hair, and even applied some lip gloss.

In about fifteen minutes, you were ready. And in less than five minutes after that, the two of you were off.

Ace wouldn't tell you where you were going. He wanted it to be a surprise so you left it at that, knowing that if you kept asking, you wouldn't get any more information. He also refused to give hints, which was disappointing but you didn't say anything about that. You just stayed silent during the ride.

Eventually Ace reached the destination, whatever it was. All you saw was a paved road and a bunch of trees. But once he opened the passenger side door, he told you to close your eyes.

So you did.

"We're almost there," Ace said, holding your hand. "No peeking."

"I'm not."

"No peeking."

"Ace!"

He laughed, continuing to lead the way. To be honest you liked the feeling of your hand in his. It felt right somehow.

Pretty soon Ace stopped and let go. Even though you weren't walking anymore, Ace told you to keep your eyes closed while he did whatever he was doing. You had no idea what he was doing - that is until he finally told you to open your eyes.

And you gasped.

A blanket was on the ground with a picnic basket in the middle. Ace sat on one side of the blanket, smiling. "Come join me, Y/N."

You sat down. "This was your idea?"

"Mmm-hmm."

"You know, you didn't have to do this, Ace."

"But I wanted to cheer you up." He opened the basket, then looked at you. "Now are you hungry?"

"Starving. What did you pack?"

"You'll see." He winked.

Seeing what Ace had packed for the picnic made you tease him about being a space chef. He laughed, saying that he was a space chef and that made you smile. In fact, you smiled a lot throughout the picnic, and your face often lit up. This made Ace happy, knowing that you were in a good mood. You were no longer sad at the time.

About two hours later or so, the two of you lied down in the grass, staring up at the sky. You had your head on Ace's chest, which surprised him but he didn't say anything. Instead he continued to look at the blue sky and the fluffy white clouds.

"You're so good, Ace," you mumbled.

"What?"

"You're so good," you repeated. "You took me out on a picnic when I was feeling sad. And I want to thank you for that."

"Mmm. No problem." He stroked your hair. "I just wanted to make you happy, Y/N. That's all."

"I've been . . . so sad for the past few weeks, Ace. And it was all because of my ex-boyfriend. He broke my heart over the phone and all I wanted to do was cry. Cry and nothing else. So in order to do that, I avoided people . . . including you."

Ace let out a sigh. "I'm sorry you had to go through that. I really am."

"Yeah, well . . . he's out of my life now. But I don't know how long it'll take me to get over this break-up."

"Well then take all the time you need."

You smiled. "Thanks. I really liked this picnic, Ace."

"I'm glad," he said.

"We should do this again."

"Really? You want that?"

"Yeah."

The corners of his mouth turned upward. "Okay."

You stayed quiet for a bit, watching the clouds while lying down with Ace. It was nice. It felt nice, and you wanted more of that.

Biting your lip, you sat up and looked down at Ace. He smiled up at you but didn't speak. You then decided to straddle him, taking a piece of his hair and twisting it around your finger.

"Y/N, what is this?" Ace questioned.

You gazed at him, then shook your head before letting go of his hair. "I don't know. I don't know what I'm doing."

He took your hands, and this made you continue. "You're so good, Ace. So sweet. So much better than my ex-boyfriend. And I know this is random but I was wondering if I . . ." your voice trailed off. You didn't finish your sentence.

"If you could kiss me?" Ace asked, grinning.

Without a word, you pinned his arms above his head, which surprised you both. It was something that you've never expected to do - yet there you were. Your hands held onto Ace's arms, making sure they stay in place.

"Well," Ace started, noticing the position. "Now that you've got me where you want me."

"Ace!"

"I'm joking, Y/N. But what are you going to do?"

You bit your lip again. "I don't know."

"Are you going to kiss me?"

"Maybe."

"Then why don't you?" Ace smiled. "It's just us, Y/N. No one is here to judge. So go ahead and kiss me if you want to."

Intertwining your fingers with his, you leaned down and kissed him. It was soft and slow, very gentle. Sweet, too.

The perfect kiss.

When it ended, you and Ace smiled at each other before kissing again. And again. It turned into quite a kissing session after that, always leaving you both wanting for more kisses.

Yet as time went on, the kisses became passionate. Hungry, even. Long and intense. In the end most of them would make you both breathless. Gasping for air. Nevertheless the two of you always smiled.

But it wasn't until when you've realized what happened that you stopped it all. Frowning, you got off Ace and sat in the empty spot next to him. He sat up, too, appearing concerned. "What's wrong? I thought you liked that."

"I do." You glanced at the ground. "But I . . . I haven't gotten over my break-up yet. I haven't gotten over . . . him."

"And that's okay," Ace said softly, taking your hand. He caressed your knuckles before kissing them. "Take all the time you need, Y/N. There's no rush."

"But I want you to know that I like this," you told him. "I like the idea of us being together."

A smile entered his face. He kissed your knuckles again. "Then maybe when you're ready, I can take you out sometime."

You grinned. "I'd love that."