Chapter 5

Nikki's POV

After school i found Jace waiting for me at the school entrance. I wanted to escape from life at the moment and hopefully i could trust Jace, or atleast thats what i convimced to myself.
I had informed Nikki that if i did not send her a text at 6pm she should text me immediately and if i dont reply she should call 3 times.
I was probably just overreacting but one can never be too sure about who they trust.

I gave him a weak smile and we walked towards his car. I told him that I came with my own car and that i would follow him to wherever he was planning on taking me but he insisted that I should just ride his car. I was not in the mood to argue so I just agreed with him.

I sat in the car silently while Jace was still going over to the driver's side. He got in and started to playing some music on the radio while driving. I didnt know most of the songs but some of them were one of my favourite songs which made me curious about what else he liked.

I looked out of the window most of the ride while taking a few glances at Jace and observed his facial featires. He was good looking but his personality made him ugly. I probably shouldn't judge someone without knowing them but my assumption will only change if i get to know him more.

It is just the same like seeing someone amd immediately giving them their own description just from their appearance and than adding more information to that description as time goes on.

"Do you like what you see?" he asked. I quickly stared back outside and ignored him. All he said after that was "ok" with a some hint of amusement since i dint want to talk to him.
It felt lile one of those moments where you feel like you are too tired to talk.

I looked back at the road and noticed that I was in an unfamiliar place. Different thoughts began to come to my mind; was it a good thing to trust him? Where are we? Should i ask him this or keep it to mysef? Lord please protect me, i am still too young. I hope he is not kidnapping me.

I think he sensed my nervouseness because a few minutes later he said that he is taking me to his secret hideout where he lets out all his emotions. We arrived at a dirt road and started driving up to what seemed like a small hill. He stopped the car and for a few seconds i was rethinking if i should really trust him. He came to my side of the door and opened it for me, i looked at him and randomly said "i never knew you could be such a gentlemen" so that there could be less awkwardness between us.
"There is a lot you do not know about me" he said. Once again there was silence but it was kinda uncomfortable.

We walked up a small path. Once we reached what seemed to be our final  destination, I saw a small cabin. There were some trees surrounding the area but it was not a dense forest area like i had expected. "Wait out here for me" Jace said once we were close enough to the cabin. He quickly left me alone and started to unlock the cabin and went inside. He took a couple of minutes and finally returned....with a picnic basket.

"Why do you have a picnic basket?" I asked as curiostity took the best of me. "If you thought that the cabin is my 'special place' just know that you are completely wrong and the reason why i have this picnic basket is becaues i am going to show you my special hideout and comforting place and also because it has food and i am hungry...you probably are too so dont try to object" He began to walk away and i was loking at his back "hurry up before i start changing my mind because this place really means a lot to me and showing you this would be a really bug step to make!"

I ran upto his side because firstly, i do not even know where i am or where i am going and secondly, i am in a forest looking place which i do not wish to get lost in.

We silently walked up a small trail that seemed to lead us to the top of the hill. I could hear the sound of a stream slowly flowing somewhere near us. Despite my curiosity about it, i kept quiet and just followed him because I did not want to annoy him.
I was lost deep in my thoughts until i came into contact with a hard object hitting my head. Thats when i realized that i had actually collided with Jace's back. It was obviously painful but at this point i just didnt want to seem weak in front of him anymore so i just put on a serious face.

As i was recollecting my thoughts, i realized that we were standing at the top of a small hill which didn't have many trees at this area. There were flowers around the place and i could finally see the stream. The stream seemed to be very very long because I couldn't see where it went probably because of the dense forest.

All my problems seemed to just dissappear as my mind was now occupied by the beutiful scenery that was in front of me. I even forgot about Jace's presence and the only reason i remembered about him is because he hesitantly cleared his throat in order to catch my attention.

When i turned around, Jace had already managed to set out everything. He sat down and looked at me before offering me to sit down.
I reluctantly sat down and stared at the landscape again and all i could say this time was "wow".

When i realized the akward silence i decided to start the concersation. "How did you discover this place?" I asked. "I was just driving and i got lost i guess and then i found myself hear" he replied nonchalantly.

"oh, sounds interesting i guess" i didnt know what to say so thats all i could say. Hopefully all goes well and i could just pretend that this little outing has never happened.

Akward silence filled the atmosphere and all we could do was stare at the beautiful scenery in front of us.
One thing thar made it more mesmerising was the small waterfall looking hill top that caused the water from above to fall to the bottom.
Small waves formed as the water collided with the rocks that obstructed it way, it was a beautiful sight that could only be best seen from the naked eye.

No pictures or decriptions would be enough to clearly decribe everything.
It felt like being in heaven but on earth.

****************************************

This book is now officially on hold.
I don't know when i will update again BUT i have started a new book called Lost

I just wanted to post this chapter because it has been in the draft for months now.

Hopefully you guys will enjoy Lost
It does not have a story description because i just write random ideas that come to my head. I feel like havin a story description prevents me from going beyond what is already expected to happen in the book and limits my abilities to what i have already thought of in the beginning.

Yours truly:
LucyBw06😚😘