Chapter 7 - The Old Guard House (E)

(Y/N)'s POV

As I entered the abandoned guardhouse, I expected to find remnants of its former use as a guard post. However, to my surprise, the interior appeared to function as a storage room. I couldn't help but wonder if Hina and Hika had played a prank on me. Despite their cute attempt at mischief, I decided to explore the interior more thoroughly. Yet, something felt off, and I couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to the situation than met the eye.

"Have I been here before?" As I began experiencing headaches, I found myself talking to no one in particular. The pain was soft at first, but it grew worse the deeper I went.

I ran my fingertips along the walls of the old guardhouse until my attention was drawn to a photo frame hanging on the wall. I picked it up and wiped the dust off the glass with my hand, revealing a picture of a happy family.

 I picked it up and wiped the dust off the glass with my hand, revealing a picture of a happy family

A sharp pain shot through my head as I dropped the photo frame. I instinctively grabbed my head, and the frame shattered on the floor. Once the pain had subsided a bit, I knelt down to pick up the pieces. As I was doing so, I noticed a little red hair ornament that had belonged to a child. I picked it up to take a closer look.

"It looks so familiar... why?" I felt something or someone run past me, I quickly looked up in response to the laughter of a little girl.

"Aca! Hapo! Hurry!" The little girl smiled brightly as she shouted. I dropped to my knees, my headache intensifying.

"Stop... Please make it stop..." I whispered desperately.

Company 7's Guardhouse - Benimaru's POV

I waited outside the guardhouse for (Y/N), but she has yet to arrive. Konro looked worried as he paced back and forth.

"She still hasn't come yet?" I asked Konro as he turned to face me, wearing a worried expression.

"No, Waka." Konro shook his head. Hinata and Hikage skipped towards the guardhouse, but I shrugged until I heard them talking.

"You're so mean, Hika!" Hinata let out an exclamation of giggles as Hikage joined in.

"Oh shush, Hina!" Hikage let out a giggle and continued on with whatever she was doing. "All we did was lead (Y/N) to the old guardhouse, making her think it's Waka's place!"

They led (Y/N) to the old guardhouse; what?! I quickly grabbed the twins by their collars as Konro stood beside me.

"Wanna tell me why you led (Y/N) to the old guardhouse?" I firmly questioned as the twins exchanged glances with Konro and me.

"It was just a prank, Waka!" Hikage and Hinata both wailed in annoyance.

"Yeah, Waka! Just a prank!"As Konro shakes his head, clearly disappointed, Hinata adds her thoughts to the conversation.

"You girls know that you led Waka's wife to the old guardhouse. I'm disappointed in both of you." Konro firmly scolds them. "As a punishment, no sweets for one week, AND you will apologise to (Y/N) after we find her."

"Wha! Waka!" Hika and Hina both exclaim in horror.

"Tell him, Waka! That's not fair!" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Not taking any complaints right now." I put the twins down and stuck my hand back into my kimono shirt. "Let's find (Y/N)."

Konro, the twins, and I walked to the old guardhouse far from Company 7. As we approached, the twins ran ahead.

"You girls better owe her an apology", Konro reminded them once more as they groaned in sync as a random thought wandered into my head.

"Have you ever noticed how unique (Y/N)'s eyes are?" I asked as Konro didn't respond but nodded nonetheless.

"Yeah, I have. "As soon as we reached the old guardhouse, Konro responded. "They remind me of the late captain and his wife." Konro didn't offer any additional explanation, assuming I understood the person he referred.

"You stay with the girls, Konro." I turned my back to them, pushed aside the Noren curtains, and entered the abandoned guardhouse, trying to find (Y/N). I ventured deep into the guardhouse but stopped until I heard pain-filled whimpers as I followed the sound.

The Old Guardhouse - (Y/N)'s POV

I'm not sure how long I remained in that position, but my headaches persisted despite my attempts to alleviate them by tugging my hair or gripping my head. My nerves felt like they were on the brink of exploding, and tears threatened to spill from my eyes as I longed for the pain to subside.

"Please... please make it stop... make it stop..."I couldn't hold back my tears as they flowed down my face, triggering memories of the little girl.

I found myself standing in Asakusa and looked around, but suddenly, I noticed a little girl running past me, just like she did a few years ago. My eyes widened with surprise, and I couldn't resist the urge to follow her. I chased after her until she stopped before a handsome man and a beautiful woman and stretched her little arms out towards the man. He had several battle scars on his face, which only added to his already striking features. My headache became unbearable as I watched the man pick up the little girl and hold her in his arms, just like a father would embrace his daughter.

"Aca!"

As my head pounded, I was abruptly brought back to reality.

"(Y/N)!" As I was in pain, I heard a deep, masculine voice coming from behind me. Strong and warm arms wrapped around me and pulled me into a tight embrace.

At the same time, my headache started to become more bearable. I raised my head and saw Captain Shinmon, who was looking down at me with worry in his unique eyes.

"C-captain Shinmon?"I stuttered as he stroked my head, feeling better.

"Come on, let's leave this place." As I stood up, he offered, but Captain Shinmon kept his arm around my shoulder and led me out of the guardhouse.

Outside of the old guardhouse - Normal POV

Konro waited with the twins outside the old guardhouse as the Noren

curtains were moved to reveal Beni with (Y/N) clinging to his kimono shirt, his arm wrapped protectively around (Y/N)'s trembling shoulders. Her tear-streaked face made Konro worry even more.

"Waka! (Y/N)! Is everything alright?!" Konro became anxious as both Beni and (Y/N) nodded in agreement.

"Let's get her back to the Company guardhouse and let her rest." Beni walked away with (Y/N) while Konro and the twins followed closely behind.

"Once (Y/N) is rested, you girls better apologise", Konro firmly reminded them as they groaned again.

"Waka!" They exclaimed in sync as Beni continued walking, with (Y/N) in tow.

"Not taking any complaints right now."