Chapter 63: Partners In Crime.

Nicko's POV
"We barely made it out." Lupe held a pack of frozen peas over my swollen face. She held her own pack over her face. The girl can fight! She held her own until Julio stepped in and finished the fight.

There was the issue of the gun.

That day nonno shot at dad, he dropped a gun. I picked it up and hid it. That's the whole reason I was locking my room and not the magazines. I wouldn't care if they found the magazines but the gun? Mom would go nuclear on me.

I fired it but it wasn't loaded. That sacred them but it is Julio who really saved us. We got separated when the Belucci bodyguard started to pursue us. We got lost while passing through the estates and in the end Lupe brought me her home. It's not much.

"How do we look? Are we still beautiful?" I laughed.

"I don't know about you but I know I am."

I set the frozen pack of peas down. I made eye contact with her. "You followed me in there. Why?"

"You're my boss. You needed help."

"So you admit I'm your boss?"

"Don't rub it in. Maybe it won't last. I'm definitely getting fired. Both my mother and I are so done."

"Your mom?"

"Jenny"

I cringed. She does not like me at all! She looks at me like I'm the devil. "I see. You must have suffered in your childhood. She's so stiff." I laughed.

"Stiff won't even describe her after Don Giovanni fires us. You're like a prince to them. That day you left with Hayley, the whole estate and I mean everyone was out looking for you. Prince Nicko. The most you're getting is a punishment."

She took the peas back to the tiny refrigerator. I don't think I have ever seen one this small. I looked around the single room. How can people live like this while I have lived in mansions all my life?

"Lupe, you won't get fired."

"No offense but you don't hold much weight in that department."

"My friend Cole Michael told me once that when you get into deep shit with someone and you team up to make it out, chances are you become best friends for life. You are officially on my list of best friends for life and I promise to always have your back. If they fire you, I'll make them regret the day I was born."

"Can you make that a poem so that I can frame it?" She laughed.

"Better, let's make a contract. I'll sign it." I assured her.

She did bring me a pen and paper and she watched as I signed my own words. She kept it away safely. I see a faithful friend in her. She's my first female friend. It's interesting that we don't like each other in a romantic way yet we get along.

"So, we should go back. It's almost sunrise."

"Yes we should." I agreed. "Say anything you need to say and I'll agree. I want you to make me the villain."

"I'm not sure what I'll say."

"I know what I'll say to draw attention away from you. Just tell them I forced you to come with me at gun point."

"Are you loco?"

"Sort of. I'm Marianna's son. She's the queen of loco."

"I guess you have a point."

Several loud knocks scared us. I pushed Lupe behind me just in time for the door to open. We both sighed in relief when we saw it was just Julio. "Let's go." He gestured outside.