Author's Note

Hello and Welcome to my Open Novella Contest entry. I'm really excited to start posting this in the next week, so I thought I'd give you some information on what to expect! 

First, as this will be written as a part of ONC, you can expect the whole novella to be posted in the next 3 months at the latest, which means once I really start posting, you will get about two chapters a week. 

Second, I have chosen prompt number 74: 
Thanks to your parent's last will and testament, you find yourself living out in the English countryside with the grandmother you'd never met before and an apparent servant whose only goal is to make you fall in love with them. The problem here is that this grandmother has already promised your hand in marriage to a noble in line for the throne.

And finally, I would like to thank each and every one of you for stopping by to read my cute romantic story for this year's open novella contest. I hope you enjoy reading the story as much as I'm enjoying writing it. 

* ~ * ~ Summary ~ * ~ * 

When her parents die in an accident, 27-year-old party girl, Adelaide Becker, sets her sights on inheriting the family fortune. But when the will is read, she is not surprised to find her parents are capable of ruining her happiness even from beyond the grave. If she hopes to inherit the family estate, she has to follow one not so inviting rule: move to the English countryside and live with a long forgotten grandmother. For a year.

Begrudgingly, she packs her things and leaves the sandy shores of Greece for the small, ramshackle house her mother grew up in. Between the drafty room, the terrible food, and the young carpenter who seems more intent on sweeping her off her feet than fixing the roof, Adelaide is convinced her parents set the whole thing up just to punish her for indiscretions. She's determined to beat them at their own game and survive the year, but when her grandmother hands her a ring and a letter and declares her engaged, Adelaide might finally snap.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * 

Thank you once again for stopping by! I hope you'll add this book to your library or follow my profile so you get updates when new chapters are released. Look forward to the first chapter in the next week or so. 

As usual, all types of comments about my writing or my story are more than welcome here and I really hope you'll share your thoughts on my story.