they don't hate us

Start from the beginning

Mollie had made her way up to her room to change and try to fully process what was going on, she grabbed a pair of her black shorts and some mid-calf high Nike socks and Stiles' old lacrosse hoodie and changed. She walked to her bathroom and brushed her hair and teeth, not forgetting to wash her face and put moisturizer on as well. Most of her friends had left not before stopping by Mollie and Trevor's room and apologizing and saying goodbye. She played in bed and pulled her yellow comforter over her shoulders and laying on her side getting comfortable, she turned on Friends and slowly started to close her eyes, but not before she heard a knock at her door.

The last person left to leave was stood at her doorway waiting for her to allow him in, she nodded her head silently telling him that he was allowed in. When he sat at the edge of the bed she sat up and scooted further away from him. " Are you scared of me? " You could hear the hurt in Zach's voice as he silently asked his question.

" No, I'm sorry I-I guess I'm just not used to it yet. It's a lot to take in. "

" I get that, I'm sorry for not telling you, we all wanted to but your dad insisted that we didn't tell you two. " Zach waited for Mollie to answer for about ten seconds before she did.

" I know, I just can't believe I didn't pick up on the clues. I think back and the were so many things that would be red flags for that but I never knew. " Mollie and Zach continued to talk for over an hour until Ruby came and told her son that it was time to go.

" Goodbye, Mollie. " He said with. small smile.

" Goodbye, and hey, it's Molls. " Zach walked out of Mollies room looking down trying to hide the smile on his face. Unfortunately, his mom caught him smiling.

" You like her, don't you? " Ruby smiled at her son waiting for his answer, Zach just laughed a little and walked out the door.

Mollie had spent almost all day ignoring her best friends, everything she learned last night was a complete shock to her. Ashton had tried to talk to her this morning, he called her constantly and blew up her phone he even went as far as to show up at her house in the morning offering her a ride to school. Mollie didn't even walk outside, she stared through her bedroom window and watched as he signed and finally drove away. Lizzie and Hailey tried to talk to her before class started but Mollie had brushed them off saying she had to study. Zach tried finding her at lunch but the second they made eye contact Mollie left the lunchroom. Josh was the only one who didn't try to talk to the brown-eyed girl, he knew she probably wanted space after everything that had happened.

Mollie had a free period she decided that she'd get some reading done, she made her way under a tree outside in the courtyard. Mollie had been so focused on her reading that she didn't even notice all her friends walking up to her, as Mollie read the final word on her page she graced her fingers at the bottom about to turn the page when something caught her off guard in the corner of her eye. Mollie looked up from her book while turning the page, she glanced at her friends and went right back to reading.

" Molls? Are you okay? " Lizzie sat down cautiously in case Mollie had freaked out.

" Yeah... I'm sorry. I guess I'm still a little freaked out. " Mollie sighed while putting her book down. " I know I told you, I wasn't scared but I am. It's just all really new, I'll get used to it, I just needed space for awhile. " She looked up at Zach to see what he was thinking, she saw something happen in his eyes but she couldn't tell what it meant. " Can we just talk about normal stuff, like what we're all doing for Halloween? " The group all looked at mollie with bright smiles on their faces. They were happy that even with everything that went down, they were still able to talk about normal things without it being weird. After what happened they all needed a little normal in their lives.