"That can't be right. Why do something like that? The cadets have been through enough with the last Titan attack. Why subject them to that kind of danger again?" Gunther questioned.

"You have to wonder how many of those snivel-drop runts peed themselves." Oruo commented smugly.

Kyra rolled her eyes at the comment.

"Surely this can't be the case." Petra said.

Kyra's eyes flickered to the fire that lit the room. She watched the embers spark from the wood before cooling into ash.

"Mission planning isn't my responsibility. But, it is Erwin's. And you can bet the man's obsessed over every angle." Captain Levi stated.

"That's the truth. Especially given how unique the situation is. Consider how many people died on the path to taking back Wall Maria, then hope comes in a form no one expected. One that we're not even entirely sure how to deal with. Most of us still find it hard to believe. So how does it work? This whole changing into a Titan trick. Really?" Eld asked.

"Wish I could tell you, but the fact is my memory's not clear. Guess it's kinda like being in a trance. I do know the trigger seems to be hurting myself in some way. Like biting my hand." Eren mentioned.

Kyra glanced over towards Eren, "It's possible at some point in your life your DNA came in contact with the DNA of a Titan and mutated. Tch. That or you could just be a forgotten human experiment." Kyra said boredly.

Eren glanced at her before scoffing, "Geez thanks Ky! You really know how to make me feel better! And what about you?" Eren shouted.

She glanced at him dully shrugging, "Who knows, maybe it's because I worship the devil on a nightly basis." She said sarcastically.

"W-Wait? Seriously?!" Eren said in shock.

Kyra clicked her tongue, rolling her eyes, "No, Eren. I was being facetious."

"You're not going to get anything out of him. Apart from what the scribblers have laid out in the reports. Huh. Not that you-know-who won't have a go at it. You'll be lucky to come out of it alive if that one lays into you. 'Course it's only a matter of time." Captain Levi said drinking from his cup in an odd fashion.

"Who're you talking about?" Eren asked.

Banging could be heard at the door as a scream was heard, "Oww!" Kyra grunted remembering that voice.

Petra got up and let the bird in.

"I'm so sorry. Good evening, Team Levi! How is castle life treating everyone?" Hange greeted.

"You're too early." Levi grunted out.

"Am I? S'pose I couldn't help myself." Hange said chipper as always.

"Section Commander Hange?" Eren questioned.

"Hello, Eren, Kyra." She greeted.

Kyra just stared boredly at her.

"In the event you haven't pieced it together yet, it's my job to spearhead the Scout Regiment's research efforts. Essentially, I poke and prod our captive Titan specimens. I'd very much like your help." Hange informed.