Welcome to Nabu Island

In the morning, I woke up and walked outside. It was such a lovely day. The sun was shinning, the birds were chirping and everything just felt right. I stretched as the warm sunshine loosened my muscles and made me smile. The vast scenery here was beyond stunning. There was so much beauty here, all of which needed to be protected. A small island for small town families, as well as a great vacation destination. So many people come and go, anyone could sneak in and nobody would notice. I was glad to hear we had a school that wanted to send some of it's hero students here to replace our old retired hero. Though, we took pretty good care of ourselves. The village was filled with the elderly who came to retire or families who have lived on this island for generations. I absolutely loved it here, and after moving here from the main land, I never wanted to go back. It was like we were all family.

As I was walking down the street to get to work, I saw an older lady walking towards me. "Good morning, Misses Kobayashi."

"Ah, good morning, Kubo. How are you doing this fine morning?"

"Quite well, but we went over this, you can call me Mirai. Actually, I prefer it."

She smiled. "Such a good girl. Would you mind helping me carry this? My old fingers are just becoming too brittle for this walk."

"Of course."

"Are you sure it's not too much trouble? Were you heading to the store?"

I took the bag from her. "It's really not a problem. The customers can wait just a bit longer. Right now, you're the one who needs me. I could never leave you alone."

"Oh dear, that's so sweet. Thank you."

It was nearing vacation season. The main land was getting colder and the island was getting warmer. After getting Misses Kobayashi settled in, I ran down to the store. The air just felt so fresh, there was no reason not to run. Though, I didn't run too fast. It was such a nice day, it would be a shame not to enjoy it. The days were nice all year long, but sometimes, days were just better than others. Most of what I've been doing lately is just inventory and research on what's popular on the main land. I absolutely love vacation season. Not only because of all the new faces, but also because I just really love to see what happens. The money is nice, but the people are nicer. And my store is popular with everyone, not just the vacationers. The islanders love to see all the neat stuff I get from the main land, since it's not stuff they get to see too often.

Getting to the store, it was a long day. Halfway through the day, I saw the ship come in with the hero students. Some people were happy about the students coming in, and some were upset about them being young students. The thing was, they were from U.A. High, a major school on the island known for pumping out amazing heroes like Endeavour and All Might. Honestly, since our old man retired, it's been a little rough around here. It's not that we get a lot of crime, but people just need a lot of help. There's just not too many teenagers around that live here. I was pretty interested in the new heroes, just to see what the next generation is going to be like. There's quite a bit of crime on the main land, so seeing what they can do is a blessing in a place like this. Being honest, it felt like this was a bad idea. Where there are heroes, there are villains. And I've heard this specific batch of students has had it's run in with villains. The U.S.J incident, the break in on I-Island, and even their training camp got busted by villains. It didn't exactly make me feel any safer knowing they're attacked quite often. One way or another, it was going to go bad.

Over all, it was a pretty boring day. I had customers coming in saying I was far too young to be working in this store, I had compliments of how well I was running my store and I only had to help out a couple kids who fell and hurt themselves today. All in all, it was pretty good. Though, I did have a few people come in with sun burns and a wife came in saying her husband had bad food poisoning and was stuck at their hotel. It was horrible to hear, but by tomorrow he'd be doing better. I was finishing up stocking when my last customer came to the counter.