5. Iced Tea

"Good morning Scotty! Did you talk to Nick about Mykonos? Avi and Kirstie wanted to meet up before practice and see if we can find a nice place. I'm looking forward!"

Scott smiled when he saw his best friend's text first thing in the morning. He was in bed alone, but able to hear Nick in the bathroom.

"Good morning. Yes, we're joining! And count me in for the planning session. When and where? I'm free after 9."

"I'll pick you up at 9.15? We're meeting at the studio, the room is booked for us and it means no going back and forth. I told her we'd bring coffee and tea for the grandpa."

Scott couldn't help but giggle at the remark.

"What's so funny, Scotty?"

The blonde looked up from his phone when he heard his boyfriend. "Just some remark Mitch made about Avi" he replied and put his phone away after quickly confirming the plans Mitch had made. "Good morning..."

Nick smiled back at him and leaned down for a soft kiss. "Good morning, Scott. I already cleared the bathroom, we weren't as messy as we thought we were."

Scott chuckled. "That's something. I really thought we'd flooded the whole room and would have to deal with limestone for days."

"Well, we didn't" Nick replied. "Anyway, I wanted to head downstairs and make some breakfast. I'm having a business lunch today so I thought about a smoothie?"

"Mmhm sounds wonderful to me," Scott returned. "I definitely need to shower first. I feel disgusting." He wrinkled his nose at the thought and got up slowly.

"And you have the worst bed head," Nick said amused. He leaned in and pressed a soft kiss onto Scott's temple. "Alright, come down whenever you're ready," he said and turned around to leave the room.

Scott smiled happily and this smile didn't falter once while he showered and then went downstairs only to see the roses on the table. He drank his smoothie while Nick was answering a few emails.

"Any plans for tonight?" the brunette asked as he closed his laptop.

"Late night tonight, remember" Scott replied. "How about you?"

"I totally forgot about the gathering I need to attend, so I'll have a late-night, too" Nick replied. "Partners are invited, but since you're working as well..."

"Mmhm next time," Scott said. He was glad that he was having a late rehearsal because the only time Nick had taken him to a work-related event, everyone had only been interested in him and not in Nick.

"Liar. You're actually happy about working, aren't you?"

"You know that I would come with you if you wanted me too, Nick, but I'm also grateful for every evening I don't have middle-aged women running after me... and then the Dads wanting to take pictures and autographs for their kids." Scott chuckled. "I mean I don't mind, but I thought this evening would be about you..."

"Well at least everyone now knows me as the guy who is dating Scott Hoying. It is not a bad thing in this branch if everyone knows my name, you know?"

"Mmhm..." Scott hummed. "But it should be about the things you create, Nick, not about the people you know..."

"I know. And I want to be remembered as the guy who plans functional yet stylish apartment houses anyway..." Nick said. "And to get there, I need to be on time for my meeting... I guess we'll see each other late at night or tomorrow?"

"Yep," Scott replied and smiled into the kiss. "I love you, Nick."

"Love you too, Scotty," the brunette said before he left the house.

Scott emptied his smoothie and then got ready just in time for his best friend to arrive.

"Two days in a row? That's a new achievement" Mitch's said sarcastically when Scott got comfortable in the passenger seat.

Scott rolled his eyes. "Very funny" he commented.

"Yep, it is" Mitch returned as he turned down the music and started the car. "How did you convince Nick that Mykonos is a good idea?"

"Errm..." Scott grinned.

"Oh wipe that grin off your face, I noticed that you were sitting down more carefully than usually" Mitch returned. "So you used sex to bribe him?"

"Nope. I told him that I really want to go and that we'll go on a trip alone as well." Scott shrugged his shoulders. "He agreed. Maybe he was a bit reluctant, but I think it will turn out fine. I really want him to get along with everyone."

"I think a week on Mykonos will be a good opportunity to get to know each other better" Mitch replied. "So I take it your fight is over?"

"Yes. I mean... he cooked for me, he bought me red and white roses... it was a wonderful evening. Just like I wanted it to be when we decided to move in together" Scott explained. He sighed softly. "I'm happy, Mitch. Right now I am very happy."

Mitch chuckled. "I'm really glad, Scott."

~

Thirty minutes later Scott and Mitch walked into the conference room where Kirstie and Avi were already sitting in front of a laptop.

"Good morning. I'm sorry, Starbucks was packed" Mitch announced and put down the drinks and snacks they got.

Avi looked up and smiled when Scott handed him his drink. "Here you are, one Iced Black Tea less sweet because I know you hate it when it's too sugary," the blonde said cheerfully.

"Thank you, Scott," Avi said and took a sip. "Mmhm so good, thank you. You're one of the only people who remember that I don't like the full amount of sugar. I appreciate it."

Scott smiled back at him. "You're welcome."

"You're looking good today, by the way. Did you and Nick make up?"

Scott furrowed his brows. He hadn't told anyone but Mitch about the argument he had with his boyfriend. "Yes we are, but how..."

"For the past days, you've been off, always looking at your phone and messing up the easiest steps. And now all of a sudden you're cheery and lively and actually talking to us." Avi smiled. "I'm glad, though, I hate seeing you unhappy."

"Thank you, Avi. I really appreciate how attentive you are. And yeah, Nick and I had some issues, but we talked it out and it's fine now" Scott said.

Avi opened his mouth to say something, but Mitch interrupted them. "Guys, I think we found the perfect place for our vacation!"

~~~~